“My home away from home”
Review of On The House

On The House
Ranked #46 of 1,128 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 February 2013

The best place to stay in Delhi. I stayed here for nearly 3 months while I was working in Delhi, and I have to say that On The House made my trip. Roger, Deepak and Ashish were wonderful; always helpful, always kind, always polite. My room was immaculate, but still had lots of character to it. One of the best features of the room was the ensuite bathroom, which was tiled and always had plenty of well pressured hot water!
The highlight of my stay however is the food that is prepared. Every morning, and every evening I would have a wonderful meal awaiting me in the dining room. Really incredible.
Furthermore, On The House is very close to metro stations, making it a very convenient stay as well.
And finally, it is safe. I was quite nervous about going to India by myself, especially as I stand out, but staying here made me feel safe and secure. It was a real haven.
I really cannot thank Roger, Deepak and Ashish enough. They were wonderful, and made me feel very safe in the midst of the chaos of Delhi. I hope to return soon! I already miss India, and On The House.

Room Tip: Every room is great, but I loved the ones on the top floor because of the immediate access to the ro...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

A great place. Not cheap but value. Stayed here on six nights spread between the 15th and 30th of January. We even used 3 different rooms while staying there, all lovely. No problems. A good staff group who look after you and who are kind and helpful with nice breakfasts. They kept our bags safe while we travelled elsewhere for a few days twice. Well appointed and tasteful and very clean. A good quiet suburb of Delhi that is easy to get anywhere via a tuk tuk to Green Park Metro or taxi cheaply. Local food places and safe and quiet (if quiet is possible in Delhi). Never met the owner who is very hands off leaving it to Roger, Ashish and her other Indian workers.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Delhi is a hectic city and On The House is an island of tranquility in the midst of it. This bed and breakfast is excellent! The rooms are super clean, the bathrooms have been recently renovated, and the decoration is cozy and welcoming. The staff of the hotel is always helpful and attentive, they will go out of their way to help you out. The location of the hotel is fantastic, only minutes away from the yellow subway line that crosses Delhi north to south, and on which you will find major historical sites. I recommend this hotel to any traveller looking for a comfortable and peaceful stay in a boisterous, cosmopolitan city.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2013

We would have loved to stay here longer but we only had a 2 day stop in Delhi.
The place was lovely and friendly. The rooms cosy and it felt really homely. They organised cars for us and it felt like a really safe place. Great value for money for Delhi....

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2013

This B&B is five star all the way! The staff is friendly and helpful without being intrusive, breakfast was hot and fresh and delicious - and there was a lot of it! We stayed in the pine room which, like all the others, was beautifully and tastefully decorated. And spotlessly clean. This was the only shower I used in India where I didn't wear shower shoes. Internet is also available and there was a TV in our room, but we didn't use it. It is very easy to get an auto rickshaw to the Green Park metro from here. We left on New Year's Eve and needed the caretaker to give our taxi driver directions at 9PM, and the caretaker called me on my phone even though I didn't have an India number. He and the other two staff members are wonderful and speak excellent English. Our stay was so wonderful and I highly recommend this B&B. Such a unique place! I wish I could have met the owner, who was also very helpful even though she was not in Delhi during my stay. She sent a taxi to pick us up at the airport (we paid, of course) and she texted me directions to the B&B beforehand.

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends