“Five Star All the Way!”
Review of On The House

On The House
Ranked #45 of 1,127 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 January 2013

This B&B is five star all the way! The staff is friendly and helpful without being intrusive, breakfast was hot and fresh and delicious - and there was a lot of it! We stayed in the pine room which, like all the others, was beautifully and tastefully decorated. And spotlessly clean. This was the only shower I used in India where I didn't wear shower shoes. Internet is also available and there was a TV in our room, but we didn't use it. It is very easy to get an auto rickshaw to the Green Park metro from here. We left on New Year's Eve and needed the caretaker to give our taxi driver directions at 9PM, and the caretaker called me on my phone even though I didn't have an India number. He and the other two staff members are wonderful and speak excellent English. Our stay was so wonderful and I highly recommend this B&B. Such a unique place! I wish I could have met the owner, who was also very helpful even though she was not in Delhi during my stay. She sent a taxi to pick us up at the airport (we paid, of course) and she texted me directions to the B&B beforehand.

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

I booked my stay at On The House after reading great reviews on TripAdvisor. As a lone female traveler in Delhi for the first time I couldn't have asked for better. They arranged airport pick-up and I received a warm welcome on my arrival.
The rooms are beautifully decorated, clean & comfortable. Breakfast selection include fresh fruit, cereal, toast & freshly cooked omelet's. The parantha's still the best I've had in India.
The staff are warm & friendly. Roger went out of his way to help me organize an Indian sim card for my phone & train tickets for the areas I wanted to visit.
My first stay was so such a good experience I re-booked for when my fiance arrived a few weeks later. If I return to Delhi I will certainly return again.

Room Tip: I stayed in 2 rooms both of equal high standard
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank DebbieBird21
Reviewed 24 January 2013

This is a really quirky place, full of collectables. The roof terrace was peaceful to relax, breakfast was OK. Laundry service fantastic - we had all our laundry done before our flight home it was so cheap.

Rooms not cleaned unless you request it which we don't like - prefer room to be cleaned daily automatically.

Didn't really feel "homely" but OK for a short stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2013

A wonderful place to stay, felt very homely. On making a reservation the staff arranged transport from the Airport. Very appreciated after a long flight. I stayed for a week and really enjoyed being there, got great hospitality and advice on how to navigate the city and plan trips further afield. Laundry service is great. I would love to return.
Mick O'Kelly Ireland

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 January 2013

My stay at On The House was a wonderful way to end my 10 weeks in India. After an all night bus ride from Dharmasala, and an early arrival, Roger greeted us warmly, and had our room prepared for us to rest and freshen up. The house is quiet, and beautifully decorated, clean with plenty of hot water and good food. The roof top gazebo is a lovely little spot to read or visit with guests.The location offers easy access to the Haus Kauz Village area with shops and restaurants or to the metro. Overall, it was like staying with a favorite relative; one is well taken care!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends