On The House
US$ 107
US$ 92
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Amax Inn(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
US$ 20
  • Restaurant
All reviewshome away from homethe cedar roomdeer parkresidential areataxi drivertrain ticketshot waterparathadelhibnbkhasrooftop
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I stayed at On the House Bed and Breakfast in New Delhi for 10 nights in Nov-Dec 2011. I couldn't rate it more highly. The rooms are exactly as they appear on the website. Bright, welcoming and clean. Every morning you wake up to a scrumptous omelette for breakfast (or other options as well). The staff are sooooooo friendly and always willing to help. I was taken the nearest tailor and internet cafe when I needed a Hindi-speaker for translations. It was a great help. The building is in a gated enclave which feels very safe to walk to the nearby neighbourhood shops, and the location is quite handy to get to the tourist spots either south or north, and one block from a street where it is very easy to hail down an auto-rickshaw (which should cost less than 50rupee to the nearest metro AIIMS). The rooms are amazing and a good price (I checked out rooms of people that I met). The Mulberry room is the one I stayed in, but I recommend paying the small extra cost for one of their superior deluxe rooms, as the Mulberry is next to the really nice rooftop courtyard (only 1 of the 10 nights I stayed there it was a little noisy outside my window). The place is across from a very small park. The website says it is a good park for jogging, but that is perhaps not the type of jogging you may expect, rather a quick shuffled walk. Nonetheless, it makes it a really nice spot with birds chirping throughout the day. I really do recommend this place to travellers, and it was a particular relief for a female travelling alone as I was at the time to have that sense of comfort and security.
If I return to Delhi I will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We stayed at 'on The House' in november 2011.
rooms are cozy and staff very kind and helpful. It is a place we would think to go back to.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ioiaItaly
Reviewed 2 January 2012

On the House B&B is totally worthy of five stars. The owner arranged a taxi to pick us up at the airport (we paid of course) and he waited even though our flight was over 2 hours late. We arrived around 9PM and the staff was helpful and friendly. They carried our bags up the stairs and got us settled in for the night. We were in the pine room which was so lovely and spotlessly clean. There is a TV, mini fridge, and plenty of clean towels and a lovely basket of toiletries. I was most impressed with the staff who were so helpful and cooked an amazing breakfast of parantha, omlets, toast, fresh fruit, cereal, coffee and tea. Loved the breakfast! It is very easy to get an auto rickshaw to the Green Park metro station from here as well, or a 15-20min walk. Internet is also available. I am very happy I stayed here and would definitely stay here again if I return to Delhi.

Room Tip: All the rooms I saw were beautiful. There are five in all and all have a private bath.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ATbackpacker
Reviewed 30 November 2011

A colleague recommended On the House for our forthcoming overnight trip to Delhi and we emailed to ask if we could stay. We were delighted by the prompt response - and once we got to the B&B, we were even more delighted by the decor and the facilities on offer. Comfortable, friendly, great price, wonderful breakfast, good location - what's not to like? The only problem, though very slight and perhaps limited to just our room - was the slow shower. Everything else was great and we plan to go back - again and again. (They have only three rooms to rent at a time so we plan to give as much advance notice as possible).

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We stayed at 'The House' for the first time in Oct/Nov 2011 for a total of 9 nights, a family of 5, two adults and 3 children (age 15,12 & 5). Within minutes of arriving we knew we had made a good choice and felt very at home. We had two large en-suite bedrooms next to each other which were very clean and had everything you could need and more. Breakfast was very nice, especially the aloo parathas! Ashish cooked us some lovely dinners at a very reasonable price and Roger was great at helping us order more western food for the children. Location was great for us and easy to get around from on 3 wheelers/taxi's. There is an atm, money changer, photo shop, beer shop etc within walking distance of 'The House. We were lucky enough to be there for Diwali, the older children had such fun with Deepak and Roger with the decorations and fireworks, it really made their holiday special.
I would certainly recommend the House for anyone wanting a comfortable homely stay in Delhi with excellent staff, we can't wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family