“Poor hotel but is acceptable for 1 night”
Review of Treebo Singh Sons

Treebo Singh Sons
Ranked #199 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
milano
“Poor hotel but is acceptable for 1 night”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We visited this hotel during our last trip cuz the travel agency had to find a substitute for our booking 3 days before our arrival...
It wasnt a terrible experience... the room was little but clean.. during the night it was very noisy inside the hotel but nothing untolerable and in the mornin we had a poor breakfast but not terrible
The main thing was the really bad assistance form the front desk: they promised a taxi bookin for airport for 800 rupees in the evening... and after 4 hours they denied this agreement stating that they had just a private cab for 1200 rupees and no taxi booking was possible.... I know this kind game and i can but accept but i dont like it: tranparence isnt their strenght...
The position is good (Karol bagh is a good zone) but you can find somethin better

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Krakow
Reviewed 3 April 2012

In terms of location, it seems terrible but it is safe around.

With regards to the room in which we have stayed, it was absolutely the most dirty room we have ever stayed in. It looked like nobody cleaned that before we came and there were hundreds of hair on the floor.

Wifi internet IS NOT for free and I found the speed to be so poor that although I paid for 2 hrs, I couldn't really use that.

Terrible breakfast.

I can't really say anything good about that place, but I believe it wasn't the worst one given Indian conditions.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marcin W

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Unfriendly reception staff, poor house keeping, cold room, filthy bathroom, staff make noise at odd parts of the nights, terrible breakfast, I had to ask my agent to find me another hotel

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank shiro1
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 10 February 2012

An average hotel with very basic facilities. Very cold in the room. Things not provided: no iron even if you request from housekeeping, no hot water jug in the room, no tea bag/instant coffee powder.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Goa, India
Reviewed 24 January 2012

The hotels in Delhi are expensive so it is hard to find a good clean hotel for a modest budget. I had arranged a taxi to pick me up at the airport for my 2:30 am arrival and they were there waiting on me with no issues. Always a plus on international flights.

An Indian tour operator I had used before made the arrangements for me so his standards are not the same as my western expectations. He assured me it would be fine that he had taken several groups there and they loved the property.

I had one the larger corner rooms (a mini suite, I believe) it was very comfortable. The a/c worked well and the king sized bed and comforter were very clean and nice. I was charged in the $60 USD range. I'm sure a higher rate because of the commission structure for the tour operator. The bathroom smelled of urine the first night until they cleaned it again the next morning.

The included breakfast was average at best and limited. I saw several cock roaches running around on the buffet table so it was a big turn-off.

The hotel staff was accomodating to my needs. But one of the tuk tuk drivers the door man recommended kept taking me to tourist shops so he would get a commission on what I purchased. This irritated me but I understand it is common practice! Be aware.

I'm not sure about the safety in the area, but I didn't feel comfortable walking the streets. Probably because it was mid August and the temperature was scorching and when rain fell it quickly flooded the streets.

Be careful ordering a salty lime soda. They use an Indian salt that smells like rotten eggs. I sent it back not knowing! I ordered room service a couple of times during my 5-nights here and it was edible but nothing more.

Wifi was good and fast.

I would probably stay here again if I could not find anything else available in my price range, mainly because of the nice room I had and the kindness of the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a mini suite corner room