“Good but not great”

Ranked #636 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
chennai
“Good but not great”
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I stayed at this for a night. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are small and its better if the curtains are drawn since the view is not-so-good. I was pleasantly surprised to see a bath-tub although it was not in a good condition. It took forever for hot water to start flowing. The breakfast is ok though I wonder why hotels in Delhi insist on serving idli-vada when they clearly are not good at making these items. Furthermore, bread-pakoras are surely not my idea of breakfast!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
SriNanakContinental, Manager at Hotel Sri Nanak Continental, responded to this review, 30 August 2016
Dear Guest, We thank you for staying with us. We also thank you for liking us. Your valuable feedback is important to us as its help others to know about us. We also thanks that you have enjoyed our facilities and services. We proud all guest like yours.

On your suggestion we have changed our MENU for BREAKFAST and now we are serving INDIAN, SOUTH INDIAN, CONTINENTAL, FRUITS, JUICE all together to satisfied each guest, and we are getting very good response too.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 14 June 2011

This was a cute little hotel which was a pleasure to stay at. Friendly staff, very welcoming, clean surroundings, we loved every minute of our stay, felt right at home here, which helped with our ability to relax for our business trip, highly recommended, thanks so much!

Room Tip: Rooms all have good locations.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank helen99999
Dear Guest, We thank you for staying with us. We also thank you for liking us so much. Your valuable feedback is important to us as its help others to know about us. We also thanks that you have enjoyed our facilities and services. We proud all guest like yours. We also request you to recommend us to your friends and relatives and be back again.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I was worried that this hotel wouldn't be all it was put up to be. I can't even begin to tell you how many trips I've taken where I've gone to a hotel based on reviews and found it to be an awful experience. Sri Nanak broke the pattern. It was an incredible stay. The staff wasn't just helpful but always friendly and always smiling. It was like I was an honored guest! My fiance and I were blown away by the excellent service, the beautiful furnishings and most of all, the cleanliness. It felt like my room was given all new linens and it looked like no one had even really stayed before me. They really take the time to make guests feel important. I will definitely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: The suites are well worth the price
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dieter1234
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Staying at Sri Nanak was a great experience. The hotel is clean and the staff was extremely helpful. For a hotel that is far from being expensive I was very impressed at the quality service that I received. My room was very comfortable with a fully stocked mini-bar and having Wi-Fi in the room was a plus for me.

I enjoyed the delectable multi-cuisine food that was available at the hotel and I also loved the fact that the location of the hotel allowed me easy access to transportation so I could go sightseeing.

It was my first trip to India but I’ll definitely return. Thanks to all the wonderful staff at Sri Nanak who made my trip perfect!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mocush
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 April 2011

For the price that I paid, I expected an plain and average room. HOWEVER, I was greeted with a smiling owner who helped me with my bag and parking, and who showed us to our magnificently decorated room. Now I also knew that we were going to be served breakfast in the morning but I did not know the extent of deliciousness that I was about to enjoy! THE FOOD WAS AMAZING! It was presented so wonderfully that I probably took too many pictures of it with my camera. This meal extravaganza lasted over an hour and would have been so much more expensive if I had bought it anywhere else.

On top of the amazing amenities and service within the hotel, it was very well located and had easy access to transportation.
I cannot wait to come back here! I am going to convince my friends and family to come back here this summer!

MOST DEFINITELY come to this hotel if given the chance!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple