All reviews maya and asha home away from home mother and daughter team close to the airport vasant kunj lovely homestay indian history guest house living room a great place to stay bed and breakfast taxi driver central delhi train tickets comfortable room late at night metro
Reviewed 9 March 2017

Very pleasant stay in a family home. Good sized, clean room and en suite, with good firm bed. Very good food and friendly helpful care from Asha and Maya. Very good breakfast options, cooked to order.
Good quiet locality, within easy reach of the airport and 10 minutes walk from 3 rather posh Malls with plenty of eating and shopping options.
Qutub Minar ancient site about 15 mins drive away.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
roymaya, Owner at Maya's Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

You've got us gleaming with joy. Thank you for your wonderful review!
This will surely boost our commitment to continue performing at a high standard.
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
We look forward to having you back some time

Reviewed 8 March 2017

We stayed here at the end of a three week holiday in India before catching the plane home. It was a very peaceful stay as you are completely cut off from the noise and bustle of the city. Our room and bathroom were very comfortable and well appointed and breakfast was more than we could eat! Aisha offered lots of suggestions for our day in New Delhi and booked a very inexpensive car for our trip to the airport. We felt very welcome here. We were very impressed with Maya's stunning artwork on the walls.

Room Tip: This is a flat in an area of New Delhi close to the airport and a lot of modern new development. It is convenient for the metro.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
roymaya, Owner at Maya's Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Thank you so much for your very kind thoughts and words. we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at Mayas Nest. We shall continue in our endevour to provide you with the best always.
Also your admiration for the Art work will surely motivate Maya in future.

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Both Aisha and Maya are lovely women and made me feel right at at home. Breakfast was perfectly adequate and delicious and they offered and were kind enough to make me feel at home in terms of food and other things. Very handy tops on things to do and how to do in India. Also fell in love with Baba their cute cat!! Thank you Mayas Nest for making my first days in Delhi very comfy and amazing.

Came home to a warm family felt perfect at Mayas Nest.

Safe and clean location
Good internet
Great services
Good food
Beautiful room
LOVED the beddings

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
roymaya, Owner at Maya's Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

"Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.......
your outlook to us was very motivating warm and so friendly, which also reflects in what you wrote for us.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

I stayed at Maya´s Nest for 8 days. It was a pleasure being there. They offer all, a traveller would need. Well kept rooms, wonderful breakfast and good talks. It felt like home on the second day already. They have balconies to sit on and relax after a busy and noisy day in Delhi - what a relief. Warmly recommended for whoever stays in Delhi and is looking for a really comfortable homestay.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
roymaya, Owner at Maya's Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

We have no words to express our gratitude for the warmth in your Review for Mayas Nest.
This will surely boost our commitment to continue performing better and better.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

I stayed at Maya's nest several times over a 7week India trip, using it as a base to leave my gear and to get some rest... to get a sense as to how relaxed and at home I felt there I even caught myself referring to it as "home" on a couple of occasions.
So, yes, for single traveller it was a perfect place to stop-over. Maya, Asha and Viraj all made me feel super welcome, treated me like a member of the family and even let me stay in my room way way past check-out when my train was 10hrs delayed. We had great chats about food, politics, Indian history and even Asha's education in Kolkata and each time I came away with some greater knowledge and a different perspective.
Breakfast was decent and there was fruit and often snacks available throughout the day. Lots of other interesting guests passed through and whilst I didn't really visit central Delhi (I'd seen it before) the location was very convenient for the airport, eating etc.
I'd stay again and would easily recommend it to others... I would also say this isn't a "hotel" so if you come expecting the same kind of detached service you get from a hotel it might not be for you. However, Maya's is a place where you get a chance to connect with ordinary people, feel like you're at home, have a good hot shower and catch up on all emails etc with it's fast WiFi connection... rooms are comfy and spacious.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
roymaya, Owner at Maya's Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and value all the good things you have said about Mayas Nest and thank you for your support, that will take us a long way.