Maya's Nest
Hotel Pluto's(New Delhi)
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewsmaya and ashahome away from homehome staymother and daughter teamclose to the airportvasant kunjprivate bathroomlovely homestayindian historyfelt like homeguest housechaiplace to stayprepaid taxisouth delhibed and breakfasttrain tickets
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Stayed for three or four days in Maya's Nest and it was the best place I could choose in my trip. Asha and Maya were so helpful and kind and they did everything they could to make my staying more comfortable. I was given many tips on how to get around the city and we had really nice conversations about many subjects as the owner is a really learned and open-minded person. The meals were great, and I was treated like part of the family all the time. If you want to have a really local experience that's the place for you. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank giulianomorais
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Stayed at Maya's Nest for 2 days for the very first time last week. Was pleasently surprised by the homely atmosphere. Was always used to staying in Hotels. Mayas nest did not have many of the luxerious of a hotel. However all of it was compensated by the friendly hosts. Maya & Asha went out of the way to ensure that my stay was comfortable. Also they doubled up as the local travel guides, which was important for me, as I was staying in that area for the first time. All in all the feeling was like coming back home after a days hard work. It was tremendous value for money. Locating the place would have been a problem, but I took clear instructions and landmarks from Maya with the help of which, my taxi driver dropped me exactly in front of Maya’s nest without any problem.

Room Tip: Take clear instructions on reaching the place. This will help you reach Maya's nest without going round in circles.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Very good place to stay in Delhi if you need a very good place to stay next to airport.
Host will be glad to help in train tickets or buses in the city.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Taneli H
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We show up to Maya's nest (after getting lost in the cab for literally 30 minutes, not the best part of town) and meet Maya and her mother who were quite friendly. We were surprised to see it was a private home--which was our fault for not reading the details better, but it seemed fine. We were then shown to our room which was in the front and again surprised because there was no bathroom which we had specified when booked. Ok, again, not a big deal, as maya's mom assured us it was only us who would be using it. We come back in the evening and the bathroom was all wet so clearly someone else was in there, not a nice surprise. So much for the private bath. It was also FREEZING in the room and we only had a light blanket. Not quite the cozy stay we were looking for. We make it through the freezing night and I go to use the bathroom in the morning and find Maya and her mother in there using the bath. Literally on the toilet, door not locked. Certainly not a private bath! She comes back to apologize but really--what kind of private bath is that? I go back later to shower and there is no water and Maya's mom yells at me for leaving the water on. Literally follows me into the room to scold me. I felt like she was going to punish me, yikes. Breakfast was fine (eggs, toast) but we were certainly happy to leave after. In sum: If you want to stay in a not friendly place, then go ahead. It's way over priced and the room was quite spartan for the almost $40 price. I could see how older women might be comfortable there, but for anyone else I would strongly suggest another place. The service/location/comfort were definitely poor and it was super over priced. Definitely a disappointment.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Emilytravels_231
roymaya, Manager at Maya's Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

In contrast most of the guests have been appreciative of our services here. Sorry that you felt otherwise.

No way could two persons use the toilet together. In fact one of you had used the shower and left the shower on running out all the water - in- fact hot water, which when two of us heard went in to close the taps and wipe off the excess water left around.

Obviously the next person would have to wait for the water to heat in the boiler.

If explaining to you the extreme shortage of water and electricity not only in our city - but the world over upset you - we are extremely apologetic.

Our motto to being environmentally friendly did not make any sense but seemed as though we were yelling at you. Sorry!

As for the room freezing - the room that you stayed in, is the only room that has sun the whole day. This apart we told you that there was a heater and extra blankets in the cup board for you to use if required - but perhaps you did not pay attention.

We still appreciate your feed back and are very sorry for your feeling disappointed.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

good, but not great, compared to 14 other places we stayed. cozy room in apartment, hot water, clean, quiet neighborhood, basic breakfast was good.
one of the few places where we had to complete our own multi-page indian visitor registration forms--a 20 minute process for four. and the only place of all of them where we had to bring a photocopy of our passports with us. (most other hotels and homestays do some or all of the mindless paperwork for you, and have access to a printer/copier to do their own photocopying).
15 min to airport.