This is one of the better hotels to stay in New Delhi although it is a bit old. I got a free upgrade to a suite which makes it even better : )
- unlimited number of devices for wifi (unlike Le Meridien). This is very important as it is very common nowsaday for travelers to bring iPhone, iPad, laptops. All these will take up 1 IP addresses each. Le Meridien New Delhi doesn't allow which is why I am not going back there again unless all the hotels (ie. 4-5 stars) in New Delhi are fully booked.
- Location. This is rather subjective as it depends on which company or places of attraction you are visiting. It is perfect for me for business.
- Shampoo brand. They uses l'occitane shampoo and conditioner. Can't beat that. You don't need to use any perfume after shower. Guarantee you will smell like a flower everywhere you go.
The not so good:
- Hooks for clothes. Can you believe that the hooks in the toilets (usually behind the doors) are about 2.2 meters high? I am not sure who they design this for. It is no problem for me but what about those who are height challenged?
- Noise. It is quite noisy whenever someone flush on the floors above. Sounds like a jumbo jet fly pass especially at night. Poor sound proofing.
- Service. Not a big deal except one little encounter at the jap/chinese restaurant. I asked for the menu before going in. After looking at the japanese menu for 5 mins, i decided to dine there and ask for a seat. As i was about to order jap food, the waitress told me jap food not available as chef is not in.....
Will i go back again? Yes, unless the Leela is running a promotion : )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for a hotel nestled in the heart of the city, Shangri-La's - Eros Hotel, New Delhi is well appointed to suit your needs. Situated in Connaught Place and facing the Parliament, the hotel is in close proximity to most of the popular tourist attractions such as India Gate, National Museum, Humayun's Tomb, Rashtrapati Bhavan and government offices like North Block, South Block and the government ministries. Offering 320 luxuriously furnished guest rooms and suites, the rooms on the higher floor feature panoramic views of the city, which can also be enjoyed from the Horizon Club Lounge. Spoilt for choice the guests are presented with a variety of sumptuous cuisines at the All Day Dining restaurant - Tamra which offers extensive spreads of Italian, Continental, Indian, Chinese, Japanese and Thai. In addition, to this there are 4 more outlets scheduled to be opened soon. Equipped with state of the art recreational facilities the Health Club and The Spa at Shangri-La are designed to pamper the business and leisure travelers with a host of exciting therapies and fitness activities to relax and rejuvenate the mind and body. Overlooking the lush manicured terrace, the Shangri-La Ballroom is an ideal venue for important meetings and banquet celebrations to cater to your business requirements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Agoda, Yatra and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La's Eros Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Shangri La Delhi
- Hotel Shangri La New Delhi
- Shangrila Hotel
- Shangri-La Hotel New Delhi