Ashok Country Resort
US$ 277
US$ 108
US$ 82
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Amax Inn(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
US$ 21
US$ 18
  • Restaurant
All reviewsswimming poollarge propertydelhi airporthealth clublong flightthe ground floorrooms are comfortablebathtubambienceretreatigiforeignersconsmr
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Stayed here overnight before a flight back to the U.S. My guide warned me it was 2 or 3-star, and not at the level of the hotels I'd been staying at (mostly Trident, Taj Residency and Gateway). I was delightfully surprised that the hotel was clean, quiet, and well-managed. Staff were helpful and polite. Furnishings were in mahogany colored wood and reddish fabrics, with marble floors. I had a hot water heater to make coffee or tea and an electric heater, which I used to warm it up at first but then didn't need it. (By the way, if you are a coffee drinker, do bring something like Starbuck's packets to make your coffee, as the Indian kinds are very weak and unsatisfying. The tea, on the other hand, is very good and strong.) Unfortunately, my view was of the parking lot. But I wasn't there for the view. They also had free wireless internet, though the signal varied in strength. I had to talk to the desk to get the password, but that had been explained in the room guide. I was especially pleased with the coffee shop food. I had a very tasty curry with paneer accompanied by buttered naan. It was only 300 Rs ($6). I ventured to try a glass of white Indian wine, since they had no other country choices. It was very drinkable. The wine was more expensive than the meal! (333 Rs). All in all, a good experience.

Room Tip: If you will be there for a while, request a view of the grounds, not the parking lot.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank PamR
Reviewed 16 January 2012

This was such a nice property. The owner chatted with us like we were friends. The front desk staff dealt with a dispute we had with the taxi in a very professional manner. (* See beware notice of taxiing below.)

The property itself was very nice. The grounds were well kept and impressive. The rooms were just a very little dated but very comfortable and clean. In saying that we were very happy.
The food was reasonably priced I would reccommend this property.

We had a nightmare experience with the taxi. The taxi rank service staff member made an error with the interpretation of the address of the hotel. She informed the taxi driver to take us to the address where the call center was through which I made the booking rather than the address. We spent nearly 2 nerve racking hours in the taxi and of course the relative fee!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed here for three separate nights as a starting point for trips to two different parts of northern India. It's biggest advantage is its relative closeness to the airport. The grounds and buildings are O.K. and customer service is good. On one of the stays we were given a room which smelt of tobacco. When I complained, we were immediately given another room and withinfiveminutes the original room was being stripped out and cleaned.

Food was Reasonable and reasonably priced.

In summary, the place was slightly better than the average of hotels we stayed in during our trip. It's fine for a one night, in transit stopover but I wouldn't wanttostay much longer.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 4 January 2012

This was a good 3 star hotel - very clean - helpful staff - garden well maintained - food average. Good rooms for a 3 star.

Room Tip: Check your shower before you accept a room
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 December 2011

It is really just a one night airport stop-over place and as such is adequate, but the name 'Country Resort' is somewhat misleading. Agree with other reviews regarding the musty smell which is off-putting. Not somewhere you would want to linger in.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo