“GOOS HOSPITALITY , NICE STAY and will be back again”
Review of The Janpath Hotel

The Janpath Hotel
Ranked #284 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I went to NEWDELHI for an official trip and stayed in Hotel Janpath from 14.07.2011 to 16.07.2011 . I was given warm welcome starting from gate to reception counter.
I was guided to my room with a special person and i have been explained about all the details of rooms , cable tv operation, complimentary provisions etc.,
There was welcoming fruit asket in the room already
there were newspapers and a booklet containing city to guide even a layman or a newman to the city. The ambient was excellent and the food served in the buffet was very very good which remained me home made food. The cleanliness and the hospitality was very good.
I recommend the stay of any individual or a grop or a family in this hotel for their superb hospitality ,cleanilness, food quality etc., The hotel has a shop with jewellery., The hotel is in the heart of the city and all important places like parliament, secretariate Jantar Mantar etc.,are nearby

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank annathurai
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 June 2011

It is my worst experience of staying in a hotel. Once you enter, immediately you will understand that everybody is agovernment employee there.
The AC was not working, when complained, the mechanic came & tried for five minutes, went out & came back with a pedestral fan as a sustitute !!
We went for buffet breakfast at around 9.45 am, almost all the bowls are empty. You request them to fill it up & wait for half an hour to get one spoonfull.
Though out side the room, the lobby is decorated as per its status & well maintained, the service is pathetic.
I shall recommend to avoid this hotel

Room Tip: Cooling is a bit better in the middle wing.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Pijush
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I had high expectations from this hotel, located in the most exclusive part of the National Capital Territory. I reached late at night, and the check in procedure at the Reception was good.
The room was good in parts- decent furniture but there was an ancient air conditioner in a large wooden cabinet unnecessarily occupying a corner of the room.
There was a feedback form in the room, which had been filled up by an earlier guest several weeks ago, but neither removed nor replaced – this gave the impression that the hotel management is not serious about feedback.
My package included buffet breakfast, which was quite a disappointment as there was not much choice and some of the dishes seemed stale. I was the only guest in the restaurant at breakfast time, excluding one or two of the hotel personnel who were eating there.
The shopping arcade was also disappointing, with a few outlets in poor shape.
Considering the facilities, the tariff was quite high
The only positive surprise was that they allowed me to check out two hours late!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2011

The location of the hotel is very good. It is very conveniently located. Connaught Place or CP is just walking distance. Turn left as you come out of the hotel and keep walking straight. While you walk straight, there are all kinds of stores on your left, some street shops on your right with intersting merchadise. The room was comfortable, spacious, and well furnished.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Buluinindia
Reviewed 3 June 2011

My grievances with this hotel are as follows:

1. The staff are extremely unhelpful and are not prepared to give you any information or assistance that they cannot charge you for. As it was my first ever visit to India I found this to be the most frustrating thing about this hotel. I wanted to travel from Delhi to Agra and asked 7 or 8 members of staff how I could do so. They all refused to assist and directed me to the travel desk. The gentleman at the travel desk explained that he could only arrange a tour to Agra for a minimum of four people and that he could not provide me with any further information on how to get to Agra. I repeatedly asked numerous reception staff and the concierge if I could take a train or a coach and how I could purchase a ticket but they responded that they did not know. Only on my last day at approximately 11:00 am (when I was due to check-out at 12:00) did a lady assist me with searching for trains to Agra. One of the same people who a day earlier had told me they couldn’t help! Why did I not search for this information on the internet like a normal tourist would I hear you ask? Well, that leads me on to gripe number 2.

2. The Business Centre is only open between 10:00 am and 6:00pm but when I tried to use the facilities there, the internet was not working. I asked the reception desk to send someone to fix the problem but after 20 minutes of waiting I gave up. I marched to the reception and demanded to be given internet access (as I had to research trains/coaches to Agra). I was directed to a staff computer in their back office. The monitor had a Britney Spears wall paper (very professional, I know). I was charged 195 rupees for half an hour of internet usage. Although the hotel advertises that it has wifi, this was also unavailable throughout my stay.

3. Staff at the restaurant and the cleaners expect (and ask) for tips when they have done absolutely nothing and have delivered appalling service. I found a strange gentleman lurking near my room every time I went in or out. He gave me a salute every time he saw me. This made me feel very uncomfortable in the hotel. He accompanied me into my room on two occasions without me giving him permission to do so, so that he could tell me that he had cleaned my room. He then stood there and waited for me to give him a tip. Whilst waiting for a taxi in the downstairs lobby I ordered a can of coke. Although the waiter took 25 minutes to bring this to me (and did not even pour it into a glass) he asked for a tip when he presented me with the bill.

4. The television in my room took approximately 20 minutes to start up from the moment I pressed the 'on' button. Only 1 plug socket (other than the ones for the TV and fridge) were working although I'm not sure why. Someone also kept switching off the fridge whenever I left my room, which I also found very strange.

5. The waiters in the coffee room where breakfast is served were incredibly rude. A waiter snatched a glass from right next to me, to give to another guest, without so much as even looking at me to see if I was happy for him to do so.

In conclusion, this hotel is rubbish.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo