Open today: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
More Information

Ways to Experience Adventure Holiday Tours
from $40.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 April 2019

We had a fantastic time on the trip and saw some amazing sites. I have written a full write up in my blog on my website. Details can be found through my social media platform @sarahlucyyoga

3  Thank sarahlucyyoga
loveUtraveling, Manager at Adventure Holiday Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2019

Dear Sarah,

Thanks for your lovely review. It means a lot to us.

It was pleasure having you as our guest and we wish to see you again in future for more of India.

Have a nice day.

Reviewed 24 March 2019

I have just returned from my third trip to India in three years.
Each time I have travelled with Adventure Holiday Tours and I can't recommend them highly enough. They are a small, well established family company with a team of drivers who have worked with them for many years and consider themselves part of the Sharma family.

On this trip we flew into Kolkata where we were met at midnight by Tarun who had travelled the night before by train from Delhi!!!How good is that???

Tarun organised a taxi for the day enabling us to see as much as possible as we were travelling by overnight train to Varanasi. The visit to Mother Theresa House will stay in our hearts forever.

The train trip was a new, not to be missed experience. We travelled first class though that doesn't always guarantee a good night's sleep! However we took lots of snacks and Tarun is always good company.

We did the touristy things in Varanasi for a couple of days. Tarun had us up at dawn to see the sunrise over the Ganges, then it was back on the train again to Agra.

From there Tarun had to return to Delhi to prepare for his wedding and we continued on with Bhuppe a driver who had worked for the family for 20 years. He was an excellent driver, and was also friendly, knowledgeable and professional. We enjoyed his jokes and had lots of laughs.

I could go into lots of detail about Rajastan...Jaipur, Udaipur and Jodhpur...the amazing food, Heritage hotels, the sights, the people, the shopping, but I want to move on to the highlight of the trip.

It was of course The Wedding which took place in a village near Haridwa. We were priviledged to be guests of the Sharma family for three days (and nights) of celebrations and to witness the marriage of Tarun and Anita whom we had met on an earlier trip.

Our three trips to India organised by Tarun and Adventure Holiday Tours have been first class. A private guide and/or driver is definitely the best way to see the real India and I highly recommend this company.

4  Thank alanandjanice
loveUtraveling, Manager at Adventure Holiday Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2019

Dear Janice,

Thanks a lot for your lovely words once again. They really mean a lot to us.

Having you as a guest is so lovely. We make a good match and we love that each time you visit we make it very special for you and you love it.

We really look forward to see you again in India or Slovenia ;)

See you soon

Reviewed 24 March 2019

This was a mother-daughter trip - my mother's (77) third private tour with Adventure Holiday Tours in three years and my first. Now I know why she keeps going back! Our 23 year old son and his girlfriend have also travelled with Tarun so at this rate the whole family will have soon experienced the real India with this wonderful family-run business.

Mum and I did Kolkata-Varanasi-Agra-Jaipur-Udaipur-Jodhpur-Jaipur-Delhi-Haridwar-Delhi. Until Agra we travelled with Tarun using taxis and overnight trains. From Agra onwards we had a private car and driver, Bhupendra ("Bhuppi").

There are many advantages to having a private car and driver. We were able to see so much in a short space of time. We were able to see what we wanted to see, rather than having to sign up to a fixed group itinerary. For example, we were more interested in seeing how people live than visiting too many buildings and both Tarun and Bhuppi accommodated that brilliantly, taking us off the beaten track when we wanted.

We didn't have to wait for others (Mum and I are not very patient) and could do as much or as little as we wished in any day. If we wanted to go to a cash machine or shop for something specific, our driver knew where to go. He took us to eateries where we needn't worry about getting sick - and he knew where cleaner toilets were! By the way don't get put off India through fear of getting sick. Just follow the simple rules and you'll be fine, as we were.

AHT also arranged licensed guides when we wanted them - they were all excellent. And we didn't get taken on unwanted shopping trips!

We could also stay where we wanted. In our case we gave Tarun an average per night budget and told him we'd like to stay at traditional Haveli-style hotels. He booked what he thought we would like - and we did.

The drivers used by AHT have worked with the family for many years (27 in Bhuppi's case). Everyone we met was honest, trustworthy and took genuine care of us.

Thank you Tarun and Bhuppi. I can't wait to go back (and I now see they offer Private Tours in Slovenia too, somewhere else I'd love to go).

3  Thank Mel H
loveUtraveling, Manager at Adventure Holiday Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2019

Dear Mel,

Thanks a lot for your lovely words, they really mean a lot to us.

It was really a pleasure meeting you and showing you around the special parts of India. I am so happy that you enjoyed your tour with us.

It will really be pleasure to see you again for your India or Slovenia tour next time :)

Have a lovely day.

Reviewed 20 March 2019

Just returned from a tour of Rajasthan and an Indian Wedding. Lucky me, I knew the bride and groom when we were yoga students in training. Second trip to India through Adventure Holiday Tours was ever better than the yoga trip before. We had the best driver, Gian, with white seat covers and the most amazing GPS in his head I had ever seen. Rajasthan is full of history and adventure, color and Hindu Gods, animals and curious people who love to take selfies with foreigners, spicy food and chai tea, namaste and honking horns and animals everywhere. Even though Tarun was managing arrangements for so many people, he was always responsive by phone or texting. I love India. This is a good and affordable tour company. Ask for the Heritage Hotels. They were so grand. Go to India. Text Tarun today.

3  Thank LoveontheRoad68
loveUtraveling, Manager at Adventure Holiday Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2019

Dear Joanne,

Thank you so much for your lovely words about us. These words really mean a lot to us and our small family work.

It was a real pleasure having you as our guest.

We always try to do our best on the tours and we feel really proud when we see these lovely words and that our guest really enjoyed the tour with our family private driver.

We look forward to see you again in future for more of India.

Reviewed 18 March 2019 via mobile

Simply fantastic trip for my daughter and I and a brilliant way to see India .. especially for first timers. Tarum was great to deal with in setting up the tour initially. The driver (Nagender) met us on time and provided great advice, safe driving and anything else we needed help with. A real 11 out of 10!! :) .. we would do it again easily as it really helped getting around this amazing country.

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank George G
loveUtraveling, Manager at Adventure Holiday Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2019

Dear George,

Thanks a lot for your lovely words , they mean a lot to us and our private driver team in India.

We feel very proud each time we have nice words from our guests. We always try to make sure that everyone enjoys their tour in comfortable/safe way with us.

Getting 11 our of 10 is really wonderful. Thanks so much and see you soon for more of India.