1,130 results
All reviews main bazaar train station hot water airport pickup travel desk air con free breakfast budget travellers travel agent paharganj area sim card rooftop terrace nice breakfast rooms are clean first stop couple of nights connaught place
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel made my awful experience in Delhi slightly better. Clean rooms and A/C, the price is not so high (900 INR) considering that its proximity to the railway station. BE AWARE OF THE SCAMS in Delhi: I would absolutely recommend the airport pick up as I had a terrible experience with a taxi.

Date of stay: August 2013
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Giorgio P
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had a top service level at SmyleInn and at a good price : nice welcoming, clean room, clean bathroom, we slept like babies, very nice breakfast…
One plus --> we had very useful advises from the manager : how to access the international tourist bureau at the train station, to not pay attention to people giving wrong information on purpose...I really recommend this hotel to all backpackers and others.
Also we heard many things about Pahar Ganji area : like everywhere else you have to be careful but we never felt in danger.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Well my first impression was pretty poor.I visited there with my family last October.Had an advanced booking directly from their official website.On arrival we were given two rooms in the New wing which were nice and clean... so far so good.But after an hour or so we were told to shift to other rooms in a different wing (the old wing) that was pretty disgusting after a long travel.Don't know whether it was sheer carelessness or a premeditated move, but we had to move to two rooms in the old wing which were in a pretty bad shape, TV in one was not working, broken door hatch in one of the bathrooms, linen weren't clean and rooms were dimly lit and not clean as the ones in the new wing.When we complained of that, we got very rough replies from the manager.Since, we didn't want to mar our holidays we didn't waste our time going after it further.Add to that the service !(we requested two buckets since there were none, and the same arrived on the last day of our 2 day stay ! :P)

The only silver linings were the free WiFi(the only time pass while in the room as it was impossible to read a book or newspaper, thanks to the ambient lighting), free complimentary breakfast and the local tours( nice deal for the price.)

Room tip: Insist for room in the New wing, the AC ones( if possibe).Speak to them beforehand to confirm the same. Non-AC rooms not recommended, there are better accomodations for better price.
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed in Smyle Inn at the beginning and at the end of our trip in India as a family with our two children. The location is well situated near the New Delhi Railway Station in the centre of the city. The rooms were clean and equipped with AC and ventilator. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast at the rooftop was simple but fine. I would like to add two positive things: WiFi was available most of the time and each mail to the hotel was answered after a short time. Next time we'll book the same hotel again.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Booked hotel and pick up from airport through hotel's own website and was very easy to do and a great service. When I arrived I had a problem with my bank and they were kind enough to lend me 500 rupees until I sorted it. Friendly staff, good room and a good size breakfast

Date of stay: July 2014