“Pathatic Hotel”

Ranked #278 of 717 Hotels in New Delhi
delhi
“Pathatic Hotel”
Reviewed 20 April 2011

The staff was not up to the lowest standard, which should be. Reason of this all when i personally confirmed with the staff they informed, staff are very dissatisfied with onwers behaviours, they hold the salaries, take their jobs without any reasons, doing a luxury tax theft, using abusing languages. Hence, on the return they started not doing the thing properly.
It has been observed that it is happened with all the properties of Tivoli including the recent one open in Tivoli Citi Tel, lajpat nagar. The onwers are very gready and selfish.
So, If anyone of you are planning to choose this perticular property. Its an advise go for any other property but not choose any property of tivoli group.

Room Tip: Pathatic hotel
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank sachin0
tivolihospitality, Manager at Tivoli Garden Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for the inspiring feedback and we are also delighted to know that you had an excellent experience with us. It has always been our focus to provide our valued guests with personalized service. Your words of appreciation for our staff encourages them to continue to strive for excellence. Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back for many more enriching moments.
Warm Regards, Management Tivoli Hotels & Resorts New Delhi
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2011

Do NOT book a wedding or stay at this hotel. We had USD 2,000 (iphone, blackberry, camera, wallet) stolen. The safe was not working and staff will enter your room at all hours of the night when they know you are attending the wedding. They knew we were leaving early the next morning and all our valuables were stolen. The staff will then offer you no help whatsoever and refuse to answer emails or return calls once you have left.

The company that owns the resort is clearly in financial trouble as they do not care about their reputation at all. If you book a wedding you could lose your deposit when they go bankrupt - beware!

I travel in the subcontinent every second year and have never seen such aggressive behaviour. The staff had bad intentions from the start.

Please read the reviews of others here - I wish I had before we stayed there. Nothing in the room worked; safe was broken, toilet ran all night, fridge did not work, internet did not work. And it is not worth complaining you will only waste your time.

It is almost comical how they rip you off but because you are in a 'resort' you do not expect it. For example when I got my shirts ironed the porter returned my shirts with only half my change (as I only had a 1,000 rupee note) he told me to go to reception to collect the remaining change. I asked if they were expecting me as it was a strange thing to make me do! Anyway I go to reception who obviously don't have any idea why I am asking for change. When I go back the porter has disappeared with my money. At least this only cost me USD 10 not the USD 2,000 that happened later that night during the wedding!

Another comical exchange happened at 2am when house cleaning woke me up to clean my room. I explained that I usually sleep at 2am and asked for a 'Do Not Disturb' sign to be placed on my door. The guy refused and asked me to go with him to reception to collect one?! I asked if he could just get one and put it on my door himself. 30 minutes later when I finally fell asleep over the sound of the running toilet he wakes me up again to hand me the 'Do Not Disturb' sign! And then actually asks for a tip.

Anyway in all seriousness the staff will steal from you if given the slightest opportunity. You will regularly see them acting suspiciously in the hallways when a wedding is happening. Read the other reviews to see what a dump this place is but remember mine if you want to protect your valuables!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank benvinco

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 9 December 2010

We went to Tivoli Garden Resort for my sister's wedding. I would say that the wedding venue we had chosen was quite nice with the grassy lawn and the marigold decoration they had done. The seating they had arranged was also good as the tables and chairs were decked out in clean and new materials. The food was delicious. Overall service at the wedding was very good, even though they had a curfew quite early due to guests living in the vicinity.

The hotel rooms are decent but far too pricey for the amenities they offered, the bathroom looked a bit dim and rundown. The breakfast is the bare minimum and the Indian fare is too spicy for the foreigners who had to settle for bread and jam or a banana. The breakfast needs to be seriously improved as it is not enjoyable at all. The location is a bit out of town so you have to always hire a taxi to take you everywhere and because of which you might have to eat at the resort most times.

What i liked least about the hotel was that you cannot trust it, during our stay my partner's camera and the groom's credit card got stolen from the rooms! And the staff were not at all forthcoming nor apologetic, even though we saw footage of unidentified staff entering the rooms for no reason at all! They just wanted their payments that's it! No accountability whatsoever, we should have filed a police complaint but we didn't and may be this is their modus operandi as people are there for a short time, especially foreigners that they get away with it.

I would say have a wedding there but don't stay there - it's far too expensive and not trustworthy.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rozanark
New Delhi
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I stayed at this hotel two nights for a business conference.
About the business facilities, they are just average. Internet is slow and the connectivity is poor.
The rooms are ok. Nothing great! Food is a good part!! The location of the hotel is far from Centre of Delhi and major attractions.
Would suggest other travelers to explore other options too available in Delhi!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
delhi
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Attended a small conference - Great restaurant, nice staff, good spacious rooms, quiet place with large and nice gardens. Could imprve the amenities as there is little to do after the conference hours. The restaurant food and environment is really nice and the chef was great and open to suggestions. The evening song programme in restaurant was terrific. But from a business point of view, a lot can be improved - good place to relax. Its mainly a wedding destination so go only in non peak times.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business