There's possibly a hundred hotels in the direct viscinity of Mohan International, all charging around the same (incredibly cheap) rates for a reliably similar experience. Whilst I didn't receive any of the hard sell remarked upon by other reviewers, I'd concur with some of the other comments: staff sleep on the floor on landings - in common with many of the other hotels in the area. In fact if you need room service, it's these people that will jump up at any hour of the night and courteously deal with your request.
The thing to bear in mind here is that you're paying less than you would to stay in a Youth Hostel or probably to pitch a tent in the UK. You'll get some sort of breakfast and some kind of bed and a bathroom with running water to take a shower. Anyone requiring more than this should expect to have to pay for it, in which case avoid this whole district of New Delhi and instead try the Taj or Oberoi.
Personally, I found that Mohan International was fair value for money, I've received reasonable service and only ever encountered courtesy from the staff. If you're travelling by train then it's ideally located, though there are hotels even closer to the station, they're all much of a muchness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at a few minutes’ walk from New Delhi Railway Station, FabHotel Mohan International Paharganj is synonymous with leisure, comfort and affordability. With an advantageous location and inviting ambiance, the hotel appeals one and all. Its rooms exuberate with vibrancy and liveliness via contemporary architecture, snug furniture and bright lighting. The rooms are well-ventilated and furnished with several modern conveniences such as air-conditioning, LCD TV, mini-bar, tea/coffee maker, safes and sitting area. Added amenities include parking, laundry, travel desk, power backup, security, elevators, pick and drop (on request) and room service. The hotel’s in-house dining features delectable Indian, Chinese and Continental dishes. It offers good connectivity from the airport, Connaught Place, major attractions like Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, Jama Masjid, Red Fort and Jantar Mantar along with popular market places such as Karol Bagh, Chandni Chowk, Chawri Bazaar and Sadar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with FabHotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, ClearTrip, Yatra, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your FabHotel Paharganj reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mohan International Hotel
- Hotel Mohan International
- Mohan International Delhi