OYO 510 Hotel Chand Palace
The Suryaa(New Delhi)
US$ 118
US$ 100
  • Breakfast included
The Lalit New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$ 130
The Lodhi(New Delhi)
US$ 306
US$ 244
Agoda.com
All reviewsnew delhi railway stationroom servicepaharganj areawalkable distancethe hotel managerdecent hoteltravel deskother hotelsrooms are cleancomfortable staymrwashroomproscons
Reviewed 31 July 2011

i have stayed in this hotel on june 3rd from june 6th with my family it has been a pleasent and desent experience for me. my family was also very happy with the food service and cleaniness. i would recomend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: worth staying for!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank john2000nyc
Reviewed 25 July 2011

while they were nice enough to grant me an 8am check in, I got a windowless room somewhere in a corner. (I definitely saw much nicer, empty (!) ones while passing). The bathroom was not spotless either, but what irritated me most was that after sleeping for a few hours I called roomservice, and immediately after was called by "Guest Services" to see if I wouldn't want to go on tour.
I did not as this was not my first time in Delhi, but even if it was this would have put me off.
The next morning I called roomservice again for breakfast before leaving, and after waiting for 45 minutes and another phonecall I had to give up as my transport was waiting.
Regardless, they made me pay.
Underwhelmed by the "hospitality" of this hotel, and as this is part of a chain I wonder what they are trying to carry out.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2011

This hotel deserve a great deal of praise for their excellent customer service.The staff is excellent with all the facilties avalilable.It's an women oriented hotel.we will look forward to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2011

sheets dirty with black hair in bed, sheets obviously not changed from previous occupant. In very dodgy part of town, bathroom was filthy, no hot water. No flat screen tv as per expedia. staff not interested unless you wave money . would not recommend

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bob444QldAustralia
Reviewed 27 April 2011

I returned to Delhi in March 2011 and immediately opted to stay in the Chand Palace again. Bookings can be made through the Chand Group of Hotel website (budgethotelsindelhi). The hotel never fails to deliver and cater for the needs of their customers. I was welcomed by the Front Desk staff (Mr Tarin) who is very courteous and extremely helpful and knowledgeable. My room was a Deluxe AC Room and was meticulously clean with clean bedding and lovely decor, flat panel TV (a must during the ICC World Cup) and ample storage. The bathroom was clean and shower provided hot and cold running water with basin (good for doing laundry and drying quickly!)
Room service is a must and I especially looked forward to the extensive breakfast menu on offer, which is continually delicious and delivered quickly. The Masala chai is a personal favourite and I have been unable to taste any better whilst in India! I also enjoyed many dinners whilst staying in the Chand Palace and aim to sample all of the extensive menu on offer.
The hotel staff were very friendly and remembered me from my previous visits. They work hard and are extremely polite and welcoming. Mr Neeraj the Hotel Manager is extremely helpful and strives to cater for the guests' needs, offering feedback forms and suggestion leaflets to help improve their stay.
The Tour Operator linked to the hotel (Mr Sunil) is very accommodating and flexible when arranging any tours or trips, although I have never been pushed to use the Tour Operator. Having previously used Mr Sunil's tour operator agency several times before, I continually return and highly recommend this service. On this occasion I hired a car and driver to visit various sites in and around Delhi. It saves time and effort when planning trips and is very good value for money.
The location of the hotel is ideal for those travelling outside Delhi and New Delhi Railway Station and is a mere 2 minute auto/rickshaw ride away. Although the Paharganj area is considered noisy and slightly precarious, the hotel is very safe, comfortable and close to many amenities. The only noise I experienced was when India won the cup! (which is highly understandable!) The local people in this area are friendly and learning a few words in Hindi goes a long way! If travelling back to the hotel at night, common sense suggests taking an auto or rickshaw for women travelling alone.
Overall Hotel Chand Palace provides a great stay, great value for money and outstanding service. One of the frequent guests of the Chand has been returning there for the past 15 years and it is easy to see why....

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo