“Staying at the Chand Palace, always a pleasure”
Review of Hotel Chand Palace

Hotel Chand Palace
Ranked #184 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Staying at the Chand Palace, always a pleasure”
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I returned to the Chand Palace hotel in July for a 2 week stay. It is an excellent "base" for the railway station, the main bazar in Paharganj (worth a visit for a different experience) and only 5 minutes by auto to Connaught Place (10 minutes walking which I discovered walking several times during cooler times). My room was a deluxe room with flat screen TV with over 80 channels, air conditioning and ceiling fan. It was very clean and tidy and I had towel replenishment daily. The food as ever was delicious and always delivered promptly and piping hot. Masala Chai is a must! The prices are also great value for money. Although the Front Desk staff had changed since my last trip, I was always greeted with a smile and the staff were very helpful and friendly. All the staff at the Chand Palace were very accomodating and polite and are extremely hard working, room service is available 24 hours a day!! I hired a car for the day through the sister hotel tour operator, Mr Sunil who provided an air conditioned car to cater for my sight seeing needs at a very reasonable price. I also went on a weekend trip and the staff allowed me to store my heavy luggage whilst I was away. Very courteous and helpful all round. As ever the Chand Palace continues to be an excellent place to stay and I will be back again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank CleoCairo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 July 2011

i have stayed in this hotel on june 3rd from june 6th with my family it has been a pleasent and desent experience for me. my family was also very happy with the food service and cleaniness. i would recomend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: worth staying for!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank john2000nyc
Amsterdam
Reviewed 25 July 2011

while they were nice enough to grant me an 8am check in, I got a windowless room somewhere in a corner. (I definitely saw much nicer, empty (!) ones while passing). The bathroom was not spotless either, but what irritated me most was that after sleeping for a few hours I called roomservice, and immediately after was called by "Guest Services" to see if I wouldn't want to go on tour.
I did not as this was not my first time in Delhi, but even if it was this would have put me off.
The next morning I called roomservice again for breakfast before leaving, and after waiting for 45 minutes and another phonecall I had to give up as my transport was waiting.
Regardless, they made me pay.
Underwhelmed by the "hospitality" of this hotel, and as this is part of a chain I wonder what they are trying to carry out.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Chandigarh, India
Reviewed 18 July 2011

This hotel deserve a great deal of praise for their excellent customer service.The staff is excellent with all the facilties avalilable.It's an women oriented hotel.we will look forward to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
qld australia
Reviewed 20 June 2011

sheets dirty with black hair in bed, sheets obviously not changed from previous occupant. In very dodgy part of town, bathroom was filthy, no hot water. No flat screen tv as per expedia. staff not interested unless you wave money . would not recommend

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple