Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Priceline
View deal
Free cancellation until 03/12/21
StayForLong
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

I was looking to travel the city with a friend for a couple of days and searched for a hotel that was midtown as we need it to be near the New Delhi Railway Station and we came across Hotel Toronto, a "value +" hotel rated 4.1 so we thought we'd give it a try.

We booked it for a 3 days 2 nights stay and it was everything short of a "value +" hotel nor does it deserve a 4.1 rating. First time walking into the hotel, I was bothered by how smelly the lobby is. Check-in process was smooth, then I was escorted to my room on the 4th floor. They do have an elevator access, tiny and not well maintained, but it works. Our room was located by the stairs and the corridors and stairs area was really messy!

First night, there was no hot water, TV doesn't work, the lighting were dim and only a couple lights were on, also the room service stopped servicing after a certain time (although it says 24 hours on the menu). We didn't complain as it was so late and we went straight to bed.

The next morning the phone was broken when we were trying to order breakfast so I had to call the hotel from my cell phone and I think the manager picked up and I ordered breakfast (included in the price but no buffet, delivered to the room instead). After taking the order he asked if everything was ok and I mentioned that phone is broken and TV is not working. Half an hour later they show up with breakfast as well as ladder and tools to fix the rooms around. My friend asked them politely to please fix these things when we are not in the room as we would like to enjoy our breakfast. But they refused and told us to wait for some time and continued fixing everything that was broken for example lights, TV, phone and they put the ladder next to our bed and did some work over our bed. After 10 minutes i was annoyed and told them firmly to please evacuate the room as what they are doing is invasion of my privacy and space and it is very uncomfortable. Breakfast was disappointing as well: 4 slices of bread which already have jams and butter spread all over it with tea/coffee. We had to order for eggs and wait another half an hour/40 minutes for that.

That night we went to sleep with bugs all over the bed too and also all over the washroom! Very uncomfortable! The next morning we realized that under the blanket & on the bottom part of our bedsheets has stains on them! We were so grossed out and thankful that we were checking out.

Overall, a very bad experience. The place looks nothing like the pictures. Service was slow and unfriendly. Building itself isn't maintained properly (lots of wall cracks etc), smelly premises, pity breakfast, bugs everywhere, and very very poor cleanliness. The only "ok" thing was the location as it is not far from Connaught Place which is where we need to be most of the time. I will not recommend this place to anyone, would't wish this experience to be a part of anyone else's journey.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Melinda S
HotelKingsInn, Owner at Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Dear Guest,
We are disappointed and saddened to hear about your unhappy experience with us. We apologise for the inconvenience caused. We would certainly look into the matter so that corrective action is taken.

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

By chance stayed in sucha pathetic hotel
What to say thrs just nothing to say
Ac not working all remotes r locked
Water from flush continuously flowing
They charge triple the amount if u get anything from outside
Manager throws away n give room keys.
Nevr ever seen sucha pathwtic one
All furniture r obsolete
Minus 10 i guess

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank rahulk900

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Don't let these pictures fool you!!!! The hotel (if I can call it that) is dirty the staff are unhelpful and less said about breakfast the better. The taxi from airport was late, great start. The hotel manager damn near harassed me on the phone to book trips with him. And the street certainly doesn't look like that photo. Not impressed so much so we paid for the three nights we booked then found another hotel after 2 I just couldn't stay there another night.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank louisecollinson1234

Reviewed 19 October 2016

We stayed at this hotel for five nights. We are now rest assured if we ever have to check in to a hotel ever again in Delhi, it would be this. For the price, rooms are excellent. Bathrooms are large and clean. Staff is very helpful, especially the Manish and Sonu at the reception desk. We would like to thank the management and the entire team for a comfortable stay and personal attention that you have us. We wish you all the best in future. Keep it up!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

I would not recommend this hotel at all. We arrived at around 6.30 am, and the manager charged extra 400 till 12 noon. I think this hotel is used for hourly rental also, I hope you understand what I mean! My daughter slipped a step while coming downstairs, her left eye area swelled and we needed some ice to give her some comfort, to our surprise the hotel was so reluctant and said they did not have any ice! The hotel refused to give us bills for food and water and even for the extra charge they had taken. They were very keen to make our checkout soon, we were in any case checking out early morning since we were heading towards simla. But they seemed to be more interested and we're kept on calling that the car had arrived. There are too many hotels just outside the new Delhi station where this one is also situated, I think you can just walk in at any hotel, so it is better to check first and then book.

Trip type: Travelled with family