“Great way to see Dehli and get a local perspective (whilst getting very well fed!!!)”
Review of Food Tour in Delhi

Food Tour in Delhi
Ranked #1 of 224 Shopping in New Delhi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer customised food tours, cooking classes, photography walks, and shopping tours in Delhi city These tour services are meant for tourists who want to explore authentic Indian cuisine, sights, heritage and charms of new and old India. We listen to what guests really want and design our tours according to their needs. Our focus is on promotion of real Indian cuisine and culture as experienced by residents of New Delhi. The tours showcase best of Indian sights and food served by reputed food vendors who have been in business for 3 or more generations at the same spot. With us, you'll get the real India experience. Number of dishes included in our food tours vary between 15-30 depending upon type of food tour chosen. Guests can also combine these food tours with photography walk, tea tasting and many other exciting activities. Free pick up and drop facilities from hotel in air-conditioned vehicles, bottled water, wipes, sanitizer are included in tour price at no extra cost. Food safety and hygiene plays a very important part in everything we do and all of food vendors included in our tours have impeccable reputations for good food and hygiene.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 12 November 2014

Been to Dehli a number of times on business so was looking for something a little bit different - this tour really hit the spot. Great way to experience some real local life and cuisine - be advised when they say have a light breakfast they really mean it!!!!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
"great company"
"an amazing experience"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 12 November 2014

I went on a solo food tour with Raj. He is an experienced chef. Once I got over the traffic and the hustle and bustle of Chowndni Chowk (Old Delhi) I was in a foodies heaven. I had a list of things that I wanted to try beforehand. Most were satisfied. I felt safe and trusted Raj, with his experience of food and of course his attention to hygiene. Some of the dishes I tried on the trip - Daulat ki Chaat (heavenly), Chole Batura, heavenly puris and aloo, pumpkin curries, the most divine rose flavoured lassi - i HAVE EVER TASTED, gol gappa, paranthas, delicious falooda from gianis, rare rabri condensed milk sweet, fusion indian pasties, charcoal baked fresh biscuits, samosas from the gods, sweet chai and a light as air dipping biscuit, dahi bhalle. I listened with care when Raj went through some of the cultural history of Delhi 6. I really felt like a local who knew the best spots for chaat and other delights. Raj took me to a fine spice shop where I bought wonderful teas.

If all that was not enough, Raj took me to the best Masala - Dhaba were I tasted fine tikka, deep flavoured curries including saag and delightful dried mint naans that were melt in the mouth. The place was Kake-da Hotel on Con naught place.

In summary, the day was full on, and one of the highlights of my grateful time on earth. Next time I am in Delhi, I will do another tour, as there is so much more to explore, gastronomically and historically. I am very grateful to Raj, for introducing me to the wonders of the hindustan cuisine and people, such an ancient, rich and wonderful culture.

Date of experience: November 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
3  Thank gregy C
DelhiFood T, Manager at Food Tour in Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2015

Namaste,

Thank you very much for writing this detailed review for us. We are really happy to know that you enjoyed the tour and the food so much. We have chosen all the places and food with great care and it means a lot when our guests are as enthusiastic about it as we are. Thanks a lot once again and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are here.

Reviewed 11 November 2014

This tour is fantastic, the food you taste is a real selection of a Indian cuisine and everything tastes amazing. As hard as it is to only take a few bites of each food, it is a must if you don't want to end up in a food coma after the third stop! Jaidev is a great tour host, very friendly and a wealth of knowledge. Highly recommend this tour.

3  Thank Zowie F
DelhiFood T, Owner at Food Tour in Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2015

Namaste Zowie,

Thank you a lot for writing this review and for considering it as “An absolute must for your Delhi itinerary”. Kind words like this mean a lot and we are really hppy to know that we could be of any help.

Reviewed 28 October 2014

We spent around 6 hours with Jaidev and enjoyed every minute of it. We ate things and ate in places that we wouldn't have dared to try without the guidance of such an expert with local knowledge. This was an experience we won't forget.

Date of experience: September 2014
7  Thank Philip W
DelhiFood T, Manager at Food Tour in Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We are very glad that the tour was enjoyable and unforgettable experience for you.

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 October 2014

Jaidev and Indian Food Tours is the one experience you must put on your schedule. Somehow. Do it. The food is not only excellent, well paced, extremely authentic, but off the well beaten tourist traps. The entire program is extremely well thought out and you get a real sense of India with what they have put together for you. Do yourself a favor, carve out about six hours and have one of the best experiences of your life.

6  Thank AustinTexasscott

Namaste ,

It was great experience and an absolute pleasure hosting you for the day. It's really nice to know your opinion about the tour and food of Delhi city. We look forward to see you again in Texas or maybe somewhere else soon.

Jaidev