“Best thing done in a week of Delhi”
Review of Food Tour in Delhi

Food Tour in Delhi
Ranked #1 of 207 Shopping in New Delhi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer customised food tours, cooking classes, photography walks, and shopping tours in Delhi city These tour services are meant for tourists who want to explore authentic Indian cuisine, sights, heritage and charms of new and old India. We listen to what guests really want and design our tours according to their needs. Our focus is on promotion of real Indian cuisine and culture as experienced by residents of New Delhi. The tours showcase best of Indian sights and food served by reputed food vendors who have been in business for 3 or more generations at the same spot. With us, you'll get the real India experience. Number of dishes included in our food tours vary between 15-30 depending upon type of food tour chosen. Guests can also combine these food tours with photography walk, tea tasting and many other exciting activities. Free pick up and drop facilities from hotel in air-conditioned vehicles, bottled water, wipes, sanitizer are included in tour price at no extra cost. Food safety and hygiene plays a very important part in everything we do and all of food vendors included in our tours have impeccable reputations for good food and hygiene.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Really entertaining, enlightening and tasty perspective of the city. Well devised and delivered. Highly recommend to anyone with a few days in Delhi. Great way to see parts that you wouldn't otherwise see. Enjoy.

1  Thank Paul A
Food-Tour-Delhi, Owner at Food Tour in Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Hello Paul,

Thank you very much for this review. It's very nice to know that you could enjoy this tour even after being so familiar with Indian food.We hope that your stay in India will be fruitful and productive.

Thanks & Regards

in 10 reviews
"paratha"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 3 December 2013

The trouble with writing this review is that I want to get over how much good food, fun and excitement this tour provided without spoiling any surprises that you will experience if you book it.

I am a greedy englishmen who has been cooking and eating Indian food all of my adult life. I have been lucky to make friends with a great many Indians while living in London for the past 13 years and they have taken me to the best Indian places to be had in the city (and there are many). They were good, really good but the food we had on this tour of old and new Delhi was in a different league. We had dishes I knew and ones that I didn't. We had dishes that I thought I knew but I now know different. The lassi, oh my the lassi. I used to be fairly ambivalent towards lassi, now I'm trying to find a local potter to make me a clay mug (you'll find out)

The food alone would have made this a great experience, but in addition to that the company of Rajeev and Jaidev made it all the more special. Their knowledge is encyclopaedic but more than that they were both very warm lads with a great sense of humour. We were out with them for 8.5 hours from when they picked us up from our hotel until when they dropped us back and the time flew by.

The last thing to say is please go on this tour. If you do I pretty much guarantee that you will recommend it to everyone else.

Have fun and have a light lunch!

2  Thank aurum1313

Hello,

It's so nice to hear from you again. Thank you very much for writing this review and staying in touch. We had a great time traveling with you and hope to repeat it again very soon with your favourite lassi

Thanks & Regards

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This tour exceeded our wildest expectations - we saw parts of Delhi we would have never experienced, ate a ton of great food, learned about the city, its culture, its different neighbourhoods, all the while receiving first class white glove service with Raj and Jaidev! From start to finish everything was perfect.

Highlights (among many others) must have been exploring Old Delhi, sampling ice cream prepared inside a mango, a trip to the spice market (be prepared to sneeze a lot), touring the kitchen of the temple, and of course the amazing food all throughout. Make sure to save some space for the last stop! We even went back to one of the places the following day by ourselves to buy more chocolate. By the end of the evening we were completely stuffed, which was a shame, because Raj and Jaidev were ready to keep us going - maybe a missed opportunity to experience Delhi after hours! (but perhaps a good excuse to return again soon to do the tour one more time ;-)

Overall a great way to spend a day in Delhi, to see things off the beaten tourist trail, and something I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.

1  Thank Joan4891
Food-Tour-Delhi, Owner at Food Tour in Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Hello,

Thank you very much for the kind words. We're really glad to know that you enjoyed the tour so much, especially since we loved it too. It was a pleasure to explore Delhi and cuisine with you and we look forward to seeing you again. There is still a lot which you should see.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I wish my brain had more storage space for the sights, sounds, smells, tastes, etc that i experience on this tour. This is a first class operation and very personable. follow the guides lead to a world that most foodies can only read about or watch on TV.

4  Thank mike w

Hello Mike,

It's so nice to hear from you again and thank you very much for writing this review. That day was one of the the best and most memorable one for us too. Next time you're here, we'll try our best to include visit to embassy too

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is easily in the Top Ten of my all time best travel experiences!! Having visited Delhi about 20 times in my life, I've never come close to experiencing the journey that JD and Rajeev took us on. In my opinion, it's a must do for any traveler that has a love of food and culture. The places they took me and my friend Mike (from Chicago) to, even my Delhi residing relatives would not have been able to find. You can not do this on your own, I promise you. Besides the incredible tastes, these two were able to feed our ears, our noses and our soul. Oh, they're also hilarious, knowledgable and incredibly professional. All the places they take you to have been certified through years of research by JD and Rajeev to be safe and hygenic. Rajeev also pours hand sanitizer on your hands about every five minutes! JD will take snaps so you can focus on your five senses instead of fumbling with you camera. I highly recommend this to any visitor of this amazing city!

5  Thank colombiaorbust

Hi,

Thank you very much for " Top Ten of my all time best travel experiences!". Coming from someone like you, it is a great honour and encouragement, Traveling with you was an eye opening and awesome experience for us too.It was a very enjoyable and day to remember.