Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

from US$ 55.00
from US$ 45.20
from US$ 83.88
More Info
All reviews indian food street food sikh temple hand sanitizer spice market curries kulfi great introduction butter chicken cultural experience perfect guide an absolute rickshaw ride old dehli great company an amazing experience chandni chowk
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The time we spent in this tour was as good as it can get. Not only we had some truly excellent Indian food, but also experienced some amazing things which you can't find anywhere else. Right from some amazing food from oldest and most famous food places to rikshaw rides in chaotic lanes of Old Delhi to that walk in spice market; everything was wonderful.

Best thing that I liked was this tour was much more than just a normal food tour. Our tour guide Rajeev took us to many attractions of the city and explained everything in detail. Everything during the tour was related to the food culture of city in one way or the other and it was really great.. We had the chance to visit a charitable kitchen of a Sikh temple and it was a moving experience. The walk through crowded markets too was very unique and must do for everyone. Thankfully we were never presented with a sales pitch as faced by most tourists almost all over the world and we really enjoyed our walk. .

As far as food is concerned, I don't have any doubts about it. If you love Indian food, then do this tour. You'll not regret the decision.

2  Thank BagginsF
Food-Tour-Delhi, Owner at Food Tour in Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Hello,

Thank a lot for writing this review for us. We're really glad to know that you enjoyed the food as well as sightseeing. We had a great time exploring Delhi with you.

Regards

Reviewed 10 October 2013

This is a very good activity for tourists who want to try real Indian food when traveling in New Delhi. There is a very large variety of very delicious food available in New Delhi and this tour is the best way of exploring it and the city. We started this tour early evening via pickup from our hotel and spent almost 7 hours eating the best Indian food as well as sightseeing some very unique places which are hard to find anywhere else. Our food expert, Rajeev was very friendly and explained everything we had in good detail. We specially liked the part about eating in places which were being run for generations. It was a delicious taste of Indian history and culture.

6  Thank Bessi C
DelhiFoodTour, Owner at Food Tour in Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

HI,

Thank you very much for the "Best culinary tour" tag and the excellent review. It's very much appreciated. We're very happy to know that you liked the food tour

Reviewed 8 October 2013

With only a quick two days off of work to enjoy India, Rajeev was able to accommodate my last minute request to participate in a food tour. The food tour was incredible and definitely the highlight of my trip! I was able to try numerous delicious street food options while also getting to take in the sights of Delhi. Rajeev and Jaidev were also excellent host.

Very highly recommended for any food lover!

Date of experience: October 2013
12  Thank Lindsay C

Hello Lindsay,

It so nice to hear from you. Thank you very much for writing this review. We're really glad that you liked the tour and thanks for the kind words. We look forward to meet you again in future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My trip to India was made even more awesome by this food excursion. I had a great time visiting different parts of New Delhi city with my expert food guide.We started the tour from very old and crowded part of city , ate a lot of great vegetarian food along with some lip smacking desserts. The experience of visiting such an old city area was a really cool one, specially with those manually pulled rikshaws rides. Not all of our journey was in rikshaws though. We went to other parts of city in a car and kept eating something delicious from food places from all over the city. Meat curries we had for lunch were very good. Rajeev was truly a great and passionate food guide and he did everything to make it fun and comfortable. It made me realize that India is really a heaven for people who love food.

9  Thank Henyr C

Hello,

It's really nice to know that our tour made you have a taste of heaven (for foodies :D) Exploring Delhi with you was a very nice experience for us too and we look forward to meet you again.

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Indian food will never be the same for anyone who takes this tour. After taking this tour and tasting all the stuff that Delhi has to offer, you realize that no other place anywhere serves food which can even come close to the real stuff. Even spicy food tasted excellent without burning the mouth. This was a solo tour just for me and it was absolutely the best thing that I did in the city. The tour was really well managed and it hardly felt like any ordinary sightseeing tour. Rajeev was my tour guide and he treated me more like a friend rather than a client. In search of good food, we traveled to chaotic lanes of Old Delhi city as well shiny upscale markets of Newer Delhi.
The food everywhere was excellent and mind blowing. I can't find any other way of saying it more clearly. I had samosas, Indian sweets, butter chicken, kebabs and much much more till I was full up to my neck.

Apart from the food, I loved the visit to a unique clinic for birds, 2 charitable kitchens and walk India gate at night which were included in the tour. It was a very unique and lovely experience to spend a day in a foreign country like this.

9  Thank Samson M

Hi Sam,

We're really happy to know that you liked the food as well as attractions. We enjoyed your company a lot ourselves and it was our pleasure to travel with you. Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.