“Excellent Food Tour”

Food Tour in Delhi
Ranked #1 of 207 Shopping in New Delhi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer customised food tours, cooking classes, photography walks, and shopping tours in Delhi city These tour services are meant for tourists who want to explore authentic Indian cuisine, sights, heritage and charms of new and old India. We listen to what guests really want and design our tours according to their needs. Our focus is on promotion of real Indian cuisine and culture as experienced by residents of New Delhi. The tours showcase best of Indian sights and food served by reputed food vendors who have been in business for 3 or more generations at the same spot. With us, you'll get the real India experience. Number of dishes included in our food tours vary between 15-30 depending upon type of food tour chosen. Guests can also combine these food tours with photography walk, tea tasting and many other exciting activities. Free pick up and drop facilities from hotel in air-conditioned vehicles, bottled water, wipes, sanitizer are included in tour price at no extra cost. Food safety and hygiene plays a very important part in everything we do and all of food vendors included in our tours have impeccable reputations for good food and hygiene.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 8 October 2013

With only a quick two days off of work to enjoy India, Rajeev was able to accommodate my last minute request to participate in a food tour. The food tour was incredible and definitely the highlight of my trip! I was able to try numerous delicious street food options while also getting to take in the sights of Delhi. Rajeev and Jaidev were also excellent host.

Very highly recommended for any food lover!

12  Thank Lindsay C
DelhiFoodTour, Owner at Food Tour in Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Hello Lindsay,

It so nice to hear from you. Thank you very much for writing this review. We're really glad that you liked the tour and thanks for the kind words. We look forward to meet you again in future.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"paratha"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My trip to India was made even more awesome by this food excursion. I had a great time visiting different parts of New Delhi city with my expert food guide.We started the tour from very old and crowded part of city , ate a lot of great vegetarian food along with some lip smacking desserts. The experience of visiting such an old city area was a really cool one, specially with those manually pulled rikshaws rides. Not all of our journey was in rikshaws though. We went to other parts of city in a car and kept eating something delicious from food places from all over the city. Meat curries we had for lunch were very good. Rajeev was truly a great and passionate food guide and he did everything to make it fun and comfortable. It made me realize that India is really a heaven for people who love food.

9  Thank Henyr C

Hello,

It's really nice to know that our tour made you have a taste of heaven (for foodies :D) Exploring Delhi with you was a very nice experience for us too and we look forward to meet you again.

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Indian food will never be the same for anyone who takes this tour. After taking this tour and tasting all the stuff that Delhi has to offer, you realize that no other place anywhere serves food which can even come close to the real stuff. Even spicy food tasted excellent without burning the mouth. This was a solo tour just for me and it was absolutely the best thing that I did in the city. The tour was really well managed and it hardly felt like any ordinary sightseeing tour. Rajeev was my tour guide and he treated me more like a friend rather than a client. In search of good food, we traveled to chaotic lanes of Old Delhi city as well shiny upscale markets of Newer Delhi.
The food everywhere was excellent and mind blowing. I can't find any other way of saying it more clearly. I had samosas, Indian sweets, butter chicken, kebabs and much much more till I was full up to my neck.

Apart from the food, I loved the visit to a unique clinic for birds, 2 charitable kitchens and walk India gate at night which were included in the tour. It was a very unique and lovely experience to spend a day in a foreign country like this.

9  Thank Samson M

Hi Sam,

We're really happy to know that you liked the food as well as attractions. We enjoyed your company a lot ourselves and it was our pleasure to travel with you. Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

A truly great and unique way to explore Delhi and of course the food scene. Rajeev and Jaidev carefully guided us throughout old and new Delhi for us to experience only the very best in street food that Delhi can offer. The tour was topped with a walk in the spice market and the different streets of old Delhi where chefs go to browse for ingredients and tools. We tried both spicy and mild food in a good mix so no part of the five hour tour got old. The last stop for chicken butter in a restaurant at Connaught Place was the perfect ending. Rajeev and Jaidev are really friendly and as others also have written, we'll remember this experience as a great day on the town with friends with a common interest in food, more than you can wish for.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
11  Thank Kim L

Hi Kim,

We can't thank you enough for writing this review. Traveling and exploring Delhi and it's cuisine with you was a memorable experience for us too. Thank you once again and we wish you all the best for your own cooking adventures back home.

Kind Regards

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I had the best time with this tour. Rajeev is truly a food expert and he makes eating around Delhi an unforgettable experience. Because I was a solo traveler, Rajeev and Jaidev took such good care of me and it really felt like hanging out with good friends at the end of the day. If you want dependable, accommodating, knowledgeable, friendly guides, look for these guys. Trust me, you'll get to experience the 'real' Delhi - nothing fancy or pretentious - just like these guys :) I would definitely recommend them to all my 'foodie' friends.

12  Thank Zoe L
DelhiFoodTour, Owner at Food Tour in Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Hello Z,

Thank you very much for writing this review and the kind words. It was a great experience to meet you and travel with you around Delhi. It's always a pleasure to meet cool and interesting people like you.