“Great Location for Business”
Review of Hotel Ajanta

Hotel Ajanta
Ranked #61 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I have stayed here so many times I have lost count. The hotel is superbly located. Airport Express Metro lands right next to it at New Delhi Railway station , connects to the New Delhi Metro and Railway stations for connections to all over India. Good breakfast, though slow, a quick shirt ironing by the friendly staff and I am out for the day. Food is good though a bit expensive for Delhi. A nice mini-bar. Good stay packages too. They pick you up for free if you stay for 3 days or more. My typical stay is 5-7 days. Will be back soon.

Room Tip: Choose one with a window as many rooms don't have one. I think only higher category rooms have t...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
HotelAjantaDelhi, Manager at Hotel Ajanta, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing Hotel Ajanta for your stay. The kind comments are appreciated as they provide immense support to our passionate services. We are delighted to learn that you have found the location and the various facilities around the hotel to your satisfaction.
Once again, thank you for the great review. We look forward to welcome you back with us on your next visit.
Warm regards
Team at Hotel Ajanta

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I was in Delhi for business and booked a deluxe room in this hotel after seeing reviews on internet but I was thoroughly disappointed. The hotel front is quite good but the interior is not up to the mark. The room didn't have any window, there was glass window above the door through which the light came into the room during the night. I asked for a newspaper in the morning 4 times but I never got it. The room lighting was damp, the food quality is average. My trip was extended by a day and I checked into another hotel few blocks away and it was much better in every aspect. This hotel would have been a good hotel few years back but few new hotels are much better at this point in time.

Room Tip: Do not book room 215
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank NavedAli
HotelAjantaDelhi, Manager at Hotel Ajanta, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear Guest,
We have so many satisfied repeat clients, however we regret you were disappointed and agree to refund one days room rent.
We take all reviews very seriously and try to improve our service.
The Hotel Ajanta Team.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Although a bit too far north of Connaught Place for me, It's in Ram Nager, not Paharganj, I'd still shortlist this place for next time.

It's one of the few hotels I stopped in that had a little fridge in my room for keeping all the bottled water cold....It was stocked too! Cans of pop, crisps, biscuits - how nice was that. Even better at checkout, someone obviously went up to check my room and I expected to be billed with a list of stuff I'd helped myself too, nope no bill, I even admitted helping myself to some snacks but reception didn't fuss over it.

Another thing I like in hotels which this one catered for - a breakfast buffet room. Breakfast was included in the price (booked through Agoda ) I hate staying in places that only offer room service, I like to pay for my breakfast once, not once for breakfast, once for bell boy, once for second helping of breakfast etc.. Nice food too.

The bed was of a nice quality, a tough, possibly orphapedic mattress - which suited me fine :) Maybe some would complain though?

View from the room was poor, but I didn't care much about that anyway. Ditto restaurant view.

Only real negative was the hard sell at reception during signing in, 'Come into my office to finish the paperwork whilst I tempt you with some tours', the guy fumbled through Rough Guide, trying to find his own advert 'Look, I have Advert!' he bellowed, 'Look, I hate that guide book' I spat. I turned to the bell boy, the one who ushered me in here, the one who just kissed his 20 rupee tip bye bye and gave him the most fed up look I could muster. He muttered to the travel agent and I was outta there in a few seconds flat.

Bottom line is I would stay there again...They really do need to finish that WiFi room though (chuckle, chuckle)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank spud-UK

Dear Guest,
All your comments are noted and taken very seriously.
We assure you of a better service on your next visit.
The Hotel Ajanta Team

Reviewed 6 April 2012

My brother had booked a family since we were 3 adults and 2 children for 01 night stay on 1st April 2012. On arrival we were upgraded to presidential suite by a kind manager who saw we were extremely tired and seems they are gng pretty full. I must say for the price we paid (INR2800++ on room only basis) we had a wonderful stay. Very neat and clean property and the travel desk was very prompt as well in arranging a vehicle for us for the day in 1 hrs notice. Have never stayed in this area earlier but I would not mind coming back here! Its safe!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank VarshaKathmandu
HotelAjantaDelhi, Manager at Hotel Ajanta, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Dear Guest,
It is a pleasure to read your review and see that you enjoyed the service and accommodation in Ajanta Hotel.
We will be very happy to have you stay with us again.
Our Best Regards,
The Hotel Ajanta Team.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I'm a travel agent (Krrish Travels) from Mumbai and we keep sending our clients to this hotel. The feedback we have got from our esteemed clients is that its a very nice hotel, with nice rooms, good room service and very co-operative and helping staff. With same confidence we will continue doing business with this hotel for any of our future requirements.

Room Tip: Ask for their balcony rooms
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Goldie D
HotelAjantaDelhi, Manager at Hotel Ajanta, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Dear Guest,
It is a pleasure to have your guests stay with.
We assure you our service will continue to be as good for all guests you send us.
So glad you appreciate our hotel.
Thank you for your encouraging review.
The Hotel Ajanta Team