2,756 results
All reviews dhaba restaurant vodka bar front lawn jade restaurant sevilla restaurant khan market lodhi gardens club room lovely hotel choice of restaurants diplomatic area breakfast room nice pool india gate an oasis golden triangle five star hotel
Reviewed 25 April 2010

The more I talk about this hotel will still be less said. Nothing but Exemplary service, cleanliness personified and to match an unimaginable expectation, the aura of the hotel itself. Feels like attaining a spiritual calmness within the rustic ambience of the city!!!! Truly, the Claridges New Delhi, makes you feel liberated and leaves you with an unquenchable thirst for a longer stay. By far, this hotel should be a benchmark in all aspects.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank JerseyProfessional
Reviewed 24 April 2010

I recently visited the hotel in March 10 and was presently surprised to see how much the place had changed. The lobby and rooms seems to have a fresh new look. I found the staff to be very attentive and caring. We needed some medication in the middle of the night and the staff went out of the way to assist us and make us feel comfortable. A very pleasant change compared to my previous experience, which was about 3 years back.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2010

We stopped here on our last night in India after getting off the train at the wrong station in Delhi and then having a taxi driver who didn't know the way to Claridges, he actually stopped in the middle of a roundabout to ring the hotel to ask where it was!
We arrived in a tatty little taxi to the wedding of the bosses daughter and a queue of very expensive cars. Not once were we treated any different from the brightly clad guests. We were helped out of our rickety transport and our baggage was taken to reception. They checked us in and it wasn't until we were out of ear shot that the receptionist, who took us to our room, gushed with envy for the cvlothes the women were wearing! We were upgraded and while we ate a very late dinner, we watched from the restaurant, the guests at the reception in a marquee on the lawn. In the morning we wwere sharing breakfast with many of the faces that we recognised from the night before. It was amazing. The hotel was very modern. The room, food and service were faultless.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2010

Instead of going to any large chain of hotel, for the first time ever I planned to stay at the claridges hotel, though in terms of pricing it is equal to any other star hotel,but was the right decision. And this was a pricey but excellent decision.

We being from Mumbai, and after 26/11 we always see hotels in a different lever now as per their security and we were equally surprised and satisfied when we entered the hotel seeing that all the vehicles were strictly checked. The lobby is not as huge but it’s equally warm and inviting just as the hotel staff right from doorman to porter staff to check in staff. Check in staff were quick to take us to our room.We were served cold towels and drinks in our room guess that was due to higher level of room we booked, but we didn’t ask the reason of being server to us as we were totally enjoying being treated royally.Our room was very spacious with a very very comfortable bed n mark my words on that.Our break fast was server to us in the hotel’s lounge and for the cecond day we got late so the restaurant staff were helpful enough to send us break fast in our room. Food is great almost everywhere in the hotel.The hotel could improve on having free internet and may be a bigger spa

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2010

We arrived in Delhi from Jaipur on 20th April. KUONI recommended the Claridges hotel to us.

The first (more about that later) room had a broken mattress in the main bed that meant that my 2 year old daughter rolled off the bed onto the floor. LUCKILY, she was not injured.

The replacement room smelt of an electrical fire but I suspect this was a problem with the air conditioning.

The 3rd room was ok apart from the fact that it was too small for a family and the air conditioning was faulty. The room was set to 18 but my own thermometer stated 26!!!

The following day we were transferred to a nice room on the second floor.

The service from the in-house dining was awful. Salads that looked like they had not been washed and a so-called french dressing that was nothing of the sort. Even though the salad was sent back we were still charged.

Internet access is 700 INR for 24 hours which would be fine apart from the fact that it was SO SLOW! It took 25 minutes for the Hotmail homepage to load up.

The final night we decided to dine at the Darbar restaurant. Awful - the food was cold and smelled like it had gone off. Even though we complained we were still charged.

It took 4 attempts at calling housekeeping before we had bottled water for my daughter to drink within the room.

I then ordered in-room dining - a pasta dish which was expensive but at least safe for my daughter to eat.

We were due to leave the hotel at 9am to catch a flight so I tried to check out at 7am... Firstly, all the bad meals had been left on the bill with no reason. I spoke to the duty manager and politely requested that these be removed. He refused. I then asked to speak to the General Manager - he was not even in the hotel grounds. In desperation I tried to call Kuoni - they were useless. The rep for Kuoni in Delhi tried to fob me off with excuses that he was driving whilst on the phone!

In the end I signed the bill with a disclaimer stating that this was the incorrect amount charged and asked the hotel to send a fax copy of the bill to American Express and to Kuoni.

I have never been so badly treated in a hotel anywhere in the world.

This has been a terrible experience that has put a real downer on our 3 month trip across Asia.

AVOID THE CLARIDGES NEW DELHI AT ALL COSTS.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family