We decided to spoil ourselves for our last night in India and stay at the Claridges. We booked a triple room and were blown away with our huge room with all the luxuries one could wish for. The included breakfast was also very generous and delicious.
We were extremely happy with everything up until checkout where 7 beers from the minibar worth 195Rs each and one sprite turned out to cost 4012.16Rs. I have never seen such a long list of service charges and taxes in my life (photo attached)! I am sure that most people that stay here don’t bat an eyelash but I thought it was a gross overcharge that just can’t be justified.
This greed on behalf of the hotel will be enough to prevent me from staying here again and has lowered what would otherwise been a 5 star review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Claridges, New Delhi is located in the heart of Lutyens Delhi. This gracious three-storied hotel is within close proximity of the business districts, diplomatic missions, shopping centres and historical landmarks like the India Gate and Rashtrapati Bhawan. The hotel offers a wide choice of accommodation ranging from well-appointed, deluxe rooms to luxury suites, some with their own private terrace. The rooms are amongst the most spacious in Delhi and are a blend of classic and contemporary styles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MakeMyTrip, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, HotelQuickly, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Claridges New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Claridges Hotel New Delhi
- Claridges Hotel New Delhi
- The Park Hotel Delhi
- Claridges New Delhi
- Hotel Claridges
- Claridges Hotel Delhi
- The Claridges Delhi
- Claridges India