2,698 results
All reviews dhaba restaurant vodka bar front lawn jade restaurant sevilla restaurant khan market club room lodhi gardens lovely hotel choice of restaurants diplomatic area breakfast room nice pool india gate an oasis golden triangle five star hotel
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I arrived late at night after a long flight. I was given a room at the ground level and as soon as I entered the room I knew I wasn't going to stay there for long: the room did not have a view - it looked into a wall! The bathroom was from another century and the doors were not fit for the cheapest hostel. Since I was tired I decided to spend the night and raise the issue the following morning. I raised the issue at reception and said that I expected to be in a new room as soon as I returned in the evening.
Fortunately I was moved into a great room at the top floor. My question is: why wasn't I oven that room in the first place?
Throes days were rather cool by India standards and the room felt quite chilly. However the air conditioning did not provide heating and was offered an electric heater. Although it was quite inappropriate it managed to raise the temperature a couple of degrees to around 20.
The Claridge's is in a great location but needs an urgent renovation

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rafaelstravels
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Set in the diplomatic area of Delhi the claridges offers a welcome retreat from the hustle of the city. Breakfast can get busy but they seated us in an overflow area. The bakery at breakfast was excellent. The cakes served in the garden area were also fantasticThe room was spacious and clean with complimentary still water.the bath enamel was peeling slightly and the overflow kept falling off but there was lots of hot water and a good shower. They surprised us with a cake on my husbands birthday which was a really thoughtful touch. The staff were all friendly

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 12 January 2012

The reception area and some of the rooms have recently been refurbished . I looked at a number of rooms and stayed in two different types on our two stays here recently. Rooms can be dull and have a musty smell . 'Airconditioning' is poor ,and bathrooms very dated. Baths are stained and cracked in some cases. Staff were all pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Dont accept the first room they offer you
Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank LC36LL
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We arrived at about 1.30am and were friendly greeted and helped with our luggage, which I actually didn't expect at that time of the day. So this welcome was a great start to a very good three nights stay at this hotel. The restaurants at the premisses are fine and the breakfast buffet had a wide selection of international and local specialities. The hotel is surrounded by a nice garden and is situated in the so called "Embassy Area". We explored this sights of New and Old Delhi by Tuck-Tuck.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Stayed here twice in early January 2012 with architecture group. Had 2 different single
rooms since group returned to New Delhi after some days up north. Weather was cool with
fog and neither room was ever warmer than 22C. This was OK for me. Breakfast buffet
and restuarant seving group farewell dinner were fine. Hotel has comically small
elevators but they did the job. Level of service provided by staff in this hotel was
superior to that of two others visited by Simple_Country_Boy on his Asian Architecture
Adventure (in Chandigarh and Dhaka), but nobody would confuse these folks with the
staff in a Four Seasons property. Hotel renovated but showing its age, rooms were
"homey" but one bath had skimpy floor and counter space. On 1st and 2nd floors, my
views were not great, but didn't come to Delhi to stare out hotel windows. Would
certainly consider this hotel for my next stay in New Delhi.

Room Tip: examine the space in the bathroom if you've lots of stuff to spread out
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends