I own a travel agency in Portugal and was in Delhi for business but paid for my stay at normal rate.
My review would have been a 4, except that on the second day of my stay my Gilette Mach 3 Fusion Power disappeared from my room. It was nothing fancy, just a razor, and I do not know if someone took it or if someone through it on the garbage. Anyway it was still unpleasant and the hotel took too long to care and solve it. I needed to speak about it with 3 different persons to be taken serious; then the manager came (along with two more staff) and apologized and said I would have a new one within a couple of hours. I left for dinner and arrived to find that I still had no razor, had to talk again in the reception and the night manager said it would be in the room early morning, and finally it was there. In the end problem solved (although not same quality razor but pretty similar), but that does not dismiss the fact of the disappearing razor and that I needed to talk about it four times.
Location: I was here for business only and with a series of meetings in New Delhi, South Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida, so for that purpose the location is good because there is a lot (a lot!) of traffic always all around. Here you are 30 minutes from the aiport and 30 minutes from New Delhi, all other places will depend on traffic, for example to Gurgaon it can take more than an houre! You also have two very good shopping malls just outside the hotel where you can walk to, good leisure option;
Room: they are big and well designed, with a very comfortable bed, a good working desk and other décor items. The internet is really slow, at times not working at all. The bathroom is very nice with a touch of design but my shower did not work very well (a friend was staying in another room and no problem there). I also had fruit and water complimentary;
Breakfast: the room is lovely, large and with an amazing window with more than 20 meters high or so facing the gardens. And the food was good and plenty in quantity and diversity. Service depends, good and not so good depending on how busy they were;
Service: good service throughout if we disconsider the razor event;
Premises: I had dinner at the Italian restaurant and it was a disappointment, the place is nice and it was fast but the food was average only and expensive;
General: convenient location, nice rooms, have service issues to address.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of NCR, The Grand New Delhi is one of the city's most luxurious and finest five-star hotels. Well-equipped and luxurious with modern facilities and with its resort like feel having luscious greens, magnificent waterscapes, service par excellence, The Grand New Delhi, is the ideal home away from home for discerning business and leisure travelers. Delivering an extremely exclusive and personalized experience to each of its guests, it is the quintessential destination to relax, unwind and discover the city at your own pace. Ideally located, The Grand New Delhi, previously known as Grand Hyatt, is in close proximity to the best the city has to offer- luxury shopping malls such as DLF Emporio, DLF Promenade, Ambience mall; entertainment destinations, perfectly harmonizing city conveniences, diplomatic enclave, near the airport and elite corporate neighborhood, making it the preferred luxury five star hotel in New Delhi. Boasting 390 elegantly designed rooms & suites; 8 distinctive dining and nightlife destinations; the much acclaimed Spa Oasis and salon, state of the art fitness centre, outdoor Swimming pool; over 30,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces at your disposal, combined with our experience and expertise in organizing banquets, weddings, meetings, and events, The Grand New Delhi offers an unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ClearTrip, Prestigia, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelGuru, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand New Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- Grand New Delhi
- Hotel The Grand New Delhi
- The Grand Hotel New Delhi