“Medieval History, Modern Mythohistory” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Clark International

Hotel Clark International
Ranked #121 of 705 Hotels in New Delhi
Lucknow
“Medieval History, Modern Mythohistory”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2010

We had went Delhi for watching the best place of Delhi. We stayed at this hotel for one night after wandering the Delhi. Although a short ride from the center of the city (Connaught Place/Akshardham/Old Delhi area), this boutique hotel is beautiful, clean and has an amazing service staff. The rooms are all new looking, with great beds and fantastic showers. We got excellent services with colour -TV Together with remote control, rooms are equipped with quality linens, gourmet menus, and room-services 27-7. A fitness center. valet parking and concierge service round out the experience. I Would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Navi Mumbai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2010

Nice hotel. Ambience is good. Co-operative Staff & food is really good. Size of the rooms is not much big but good rooms. Hotel is situated in Carol Baug area.There are so many hotels nearby. Its worth to stay here.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2010

Like most places in India Hotels are not cheap unless of course your an Indian. Fortunately this hotel cost me £2.34 for 4 nights stay with Breakfast (nothing special). I booked an alternative online at the above rate, the hotel failed to honour and I was given a choice, for the same cost (decimal was in the wrong place)
Room and bathroom -very clean, toileteries supplied every day, Towels (blime, whitest towels I saw).
The terraced restaurant was nice but found menu fairly bland, Breakfast -forget it, Mc do a better spread.
Area not the greatest - but this is India -felt fairly safe.
In general this was a decent place to stay in, in reality I am not fussed so long as hygiene is maintained but then if the Taj or the Hilton were available with a 90% discount who would say no!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2010

This is the worst hotel I have ever been in my entire life. It was a very noisy, unclean and dusty hotel. They were building elevators and everyday it was very noisy. I was with an infant and the baby could not sleep at all. Too loud in the entire hotel and on top of that there was some other sound like a vacuum cleaner that made my baby very irritated. They moved us to another hotel owned by them Clark Surya. That place was worse than this. We had to call the front desk to turn on hot water everyday in the shower. They billed me for someone who ordered stuff and I had an argument with them. Since I had an infant with me, I took breakfast tea to my room for my wife. They charged me Rs.125 for 3 masala tea. This was a horrible experience. The hotel has nothing that is shown on the internet. I stayed in the executive suite and the rooms are very very small. Don't go for their free breakfast or their internet pictures. It’s not at all what you see on the internet. I got a taxi from the hotel and they charged me 3 times for 10 kilometres. Please find a better hotel and not Clark Surya or Clark international. Very sorry to say this but it’s pathetic. I would not recommend anyone staying in this hotel

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank boysunny

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2010

There really are no words for how great the customer service was at this hotel.

We booked the rooms online through Hotels.com while we were traveling in India and really just took a gamble that it was a decent place to stay. One room was booked as a deluxe (which is the cheapest option) and the other was an Executive (slightly more for a better room).

When we arrived at check in, the better room was given to my parents accidentally and my husband and I were shown the "deluxe" room. ( I will have to admit that it was not great. It was by no means dirty, but it was pretty small and only had a small AC unit. It was definitely an appropriate room considering the price and location though) I told the hotel staff that we had paid more than my parents, but that we didn't have the heart to ask them to leave the room for this one, and asked if there was anything they could do. They were extremely accommodating and brought us to a beautiful suite that was available. They told us that they would give us that room for a night as a courtesy and we would have to take the deluxe for the second night as this one was more expensive than what we had paid for. This room was great. Very spacious, gorgeous hardwood floors, very clean, flat screen tv and nice bathroom with tub and marble looking sink / floor area, and amazing bed and pillows. The nights stay was so great so we decided to just ask how much we would have to pay additional to keep it again the next night. When we asked, their response was "dont worry about it, you can just keep the room again at no charge." They said this AFTER we had already agreed to pay more for it. What hotel would do that?

Later, we told them of our plan to check out of the hotel and visit the Taj Mahal (a five hour drive from delhi) the next day and needed a place to keep our luggage until we got back in the evening before our flight. Not only did they accommodate that request, they even offered a FREE room after we returned from our day trip so we could shower and freshen up before goign to the airport. Seriously? What hotel offers that?

Based on the overall hotel, I'd say that the room types above the deluxe grade deserve way more than 3 stars. The only cons I would give this hotel is that their elevator was not working (but they were in the middle of fixing it so it is not likely going to be an ongoing problem) and that the stairwells to the floors didn't have AC which made for a pretty hot trip to your room and back. That's truly all I could say for the cons. Its defintiely in the heart of one of the shopping districts so if you want quiet peaceful surroundings, this isnt the place for you. (although, we stayed on the 2nd floor and did not hear any street noise). If your looking to be in the heart of it all, this is definitely the spot for you.

Also, the restaurant there was yum. Prices were extremely reasonable and their menu was pretty extensive. We were only in Delhi 2 days and ate there 3 times. Really good food and the service was beyond exceptional there too.

Its pretty clear I was a huge fan of this hotel. The staff really does go above and beyond to accommodate their guests. I would absolutely refer this hotel to any family members or friends looking for a place to stay in new delhi.

Thank you Hotel Clark International for an awesome stay!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple