Maidens Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
New Royal Hotel(New Delhi)
Punjab Hotel(New Delhi)
  • Breakfast included
The Nest(New Delhi)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Shiela(New Delhi)
1,258 results
All reviewscurzon roomgarden terracecivil lines metro stationcolonial charmdressing roomoberoi groupcavalry barwalk in wardrobelovely heritage hotelupgraded to a suiterooms are hugesitting roomred fortan oasis of calmgolden triangle tourswimming poolan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I opted to stay here to end my journey through India in some luxury after roughing it for a while. I wanted a luxury hotel and I got one.
I arrived quite tired and was thrilled to be offered a free upgrade to a very swish room... And I did not even hint. The quality of the rooms is outstanding. The best is cleanliness (i constantly saw eagle eyed staff pouncing on any scrap of litter they saw) decor, peacefullness, quiet, space and modernity I have ever stayed in. The walk in wardrobe was bigger than some of the rooms in my own house. The bathroom included an enormous shower and equally large bath tub... Which was heavenly... And all the hot water you could want. Very good appliances are also supplied for coffee, tv, hair and so on. And a bed as large and luxurious as you could ask for.
The staff were incredibly nice and professional. Not just at the desk but throughout the hotel. I stupidly forgot to collect my passport after they went off to get a photocopy but it was promptly returned by the staff to my room minutes later. When asked for advice they always gave me genuine options and I got what I asked for. I was charged what I expected which is a nice bonus for India.
The hotel itself is an old colonial building and the heritage it has makes for a pleasant environment.
The breakfast buffet is of a very high order and of great variety from indian to western, including the best coffee of my trip, and the service offered when dining is impressive.
Maidens is also very safe and secure. They have their own drivers who charge reasonable standard taxi rates for India and the security staff check all cars and people coming in.
The only negatives I would mention are the additional costs for things like wifi and breakfast. It is a 5 star hotel and charges 5 star prices for what most places offer for free these days - even the high end hotels.
The location is ok. It is only a short trip to the amazing red fort and the main bazaar. There is also a metro stop near by which makes most of th other sights that are on the southern end of the city quite accessible. But nothing much is within walking distance... Sights or food which can be a pain at times.
This was an ideal final stop on my trip as one can get touted out in India and also the more colonial like luxurious heritage of India is worth exploring and I think I got a good sense of this during my stay here.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank nealq
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for posting your views about Maidens Hotel on Trip Advisor. We are overwhelmed to recieve your feedback and have shared it with all our team members. We have noted your comment and start working on it. Your every word has been very motivating and inspiring for all of us.

Thank you so much for placing us high on your expectation levels.

We shall look forward to welcoming you back to Maidens in not too distant furture.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Hotel is in a good location for the sights of both new and old Delhi. Rooms are big , service is good and pool area is clean.

Stayed: March 2012
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at Maidens and we thank you for your valuable time in posting yous comments on trip advisor.
We are happy to learn that your visit to our property was pleasant and comfortable and that the facilities provided to you, were to your satisfaction.

Look forward to welcoming you once again at Maidens Hotel.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed for two nights and were very pleased to be upgraded to a suite on arrival. Lovely hotel with delicious food. Very attentive staff. We really enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sictransit
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at Maidens and we thank you for your valuable time in posting your comments on trip advisor.

Look forward to welcoming you once again at Maidens Hotel.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Stayed at start and end of a tour..what a delightful oasis, recalling the Raj with its fabulous suites with high ceilings, combined with all mod cons and high quality toiletries.Spotlessly clean with charming staff, good food and service. What a change from modern chain hotels! Totally recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank algorrobbo
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for posting your views about Maidens Hotel on Trip Advisor. We are overwhelmed to recieve your feedback and have shared it with all our team members. Your every word has been very motivating and inspiring for all of us.

Thank you so much for placing us high on your expectation levels.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

We started and ended our India tour at this hotel. We had the luxury suite on our first night and it was fantastic. Huge hallway, bedroom, lounge, dressing room, french doors onto a large balcony and a truly luxurious bathroom. The staff are all very friendly and welcoming. As we were staying here on our last night, which also happened to be my birthday, my partner asked the hotel if we could have the same suite. When we arrived for our last night we were given the suite and knowing it was my birthday the housekeeping staff had arranged flowers in the hall and on the bed ! The door bell went shortly afterwards and a waiter came in with a plate of cookies and a chocolate birthday cake courtesy of the General Manager ! How's that for a wonderful service ? We would definitely recommend this hotel and hope one day to return. I would like to thank the staff and manager for making my birthday extra special.

Room Tip: Ask for room 217 - can't go wrong
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Solotrom
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

Dear Guest

We thank you for choosing Maidens Hotel for your stay and sparing your valuable time to post your comments on trip advisor.

Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of inspiration to our staff and encourage us to achieve even higher standards.

We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of our best attention at all times