This is typical of a very good 5* hotel, with good services all the way from the front desk to the restaurants. The staff were quite warm and welcoming.It is located in the Diplomatic Enclave in Chanakyapuri, where most embassies are located. One problem is that there is no restaurants (there are few in the hotel) or shopping malls within walking distance. ITC Mayura (another 5* hotel) is next door and the closest restaurants are in Malcha Marg, which has few good ones.
The room and the bathroom were quit clean and well maintained. They service the rooms twice a day. Breakfast was good with Western and Indian food. There are pancake station, omelette station, etc. along with a wide variety of South/North Indian food (Uppuma, Dosa, Oothappam, Batturas, Paratha), and good fruit selection. There is something for everyone.
My friends stayed on the sixth floor which is special. They got free drinks and snacks every day in the afternoon on the 7th floor. Same drink can cost a fortune in the bar downstairs.
We tried an auto on our first day and it turnd out to be messy. It is half the price of taxi, but the comfort level is less than half - you are exposed to lot of dust from the surrounding, and the hygiene within the auto is not very good. Hotel to Karol Barg we paid Rs. 100. Next day, we hired a hotel black and yellow taxi which was quite reasonable, comfortable and clean. We got the taxi to wait for us while we shopped, and the charge is Rs. 60 an hour of waiting. Fo the last four days, we got hold of a taxi from the hotel and paid Rs. 1500 per day (9 hours) with Rs. 200 for extra hour. This worked out very well, as the driver spoke good English. These taxis are safe as they park in the hotel and are registered there. Their business cards haveTaj Palace as their address.
The traffic in the peak hours (9-10 am and 5-6 pm) can be quite rough. One interesting thing about the taxis that the metre (at least for the black and yellow ones) does not change with time - it changes only with distance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern crescent-shaped hotel situated on 6 acres in the diplomatic enclave, 15 minutes from city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Expedia, ClearTrip, DerbySoftTaj, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taj Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Palace New Delhi
- Hotel Taj Palace
- Taj Mahal Hotel New Delhi
- Taj Mahal Hotel Delhi
- The Taj Mahal Hotel Delhi
- Hotel Taj Mahal Palace
- The Taj Mahal Hotel New Delhi