“Highly recommendable”

ITC Maurya, New Delhi
Ranked #14 of 727 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Well ITC Maurya ...my stay was short but if certainly was quality all the way ..

By the way, the hotel is only about 14 km away from the international airport ..so its a very convenient location for both trips to town as well easy distance to/from the airport.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

I like everything about the Maurya Sheraton! Great location; friendly service, luxurious rooms and very personalized care-- from all staff. love the room. In the last 3 months, I have stayed thrice. Ms. Sonia Sabharwal needs special mention for her ever-s0-courteous service!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
AnandRaoGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are delighted learn that your overall experience at the hotel was excellent. We appreciate your comments, this will undoubtedly motivate us further and enable ITC Maurya to become a truly World Class Hotel.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

General Manager – ITC Maurya

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Staying in ITC Maurya was truly a memorable experience. I was traveling with my wife and seven month old daughter and the hotel staff made every effort to make our stay comfortable. Being a SPG platinum member I was upgraded to the Mauryan chamber room, the room decor was truly exceptional. The room included breakfast at the pavilion restaurant which was an added bonus. What made this experience memorable was the personalized attention we got in the hotel, I almost felt the entire hotel staff knew us.

Room Tip: If you can get upgraded to the Mauryan Chamber
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
AnandRaoGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and I am delighted to know you had a pleasant stay at the hotel. At ITC Maurya, we value our guests and work towards providing the best services at all times to ensure a warm, comfortable and memorable stay.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

General Manager – ITC Maurya

Reviewed 28 May 2012

In the last 5 month, I have stayed at this Hotel 4 times. Once at the ITC One and other 3 times at the Towers. My stay was comfortable....thanks to the excellent service and the right kind of ambience. A special mention for the personal attention given by Ms.Sonia Sabharwal and Ms. Priyanka during my stay at the Towers.
I would recommend this Hotel to anyone visiting Delhi for a carefree stay. The rooms r spacious and well stocked. Cant ask for more.
The breakfast is by far the best......and the choice of cuisine is never ending.
I simply fail to understand how you guys manage to keep the Hotel so clean. I honestly tried to find some dirt in my room.......and failed to do so. You have an excellent team. Keep up the good work

Room Tip: In some rooms there is a network problem for mobiles.....otherwise all rooms r great. When u check i...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Lovely hotel, I really enjoyed my 3 day stay here although there were a couple of things that I would like to see the hotel address. Probably best to start with the good points ....

Room - stayed in the Towers and the room was great. Nice bathroom, comfortable bed, all the facilities you would expect and the butler service was excellent. Only weird thing is that the 28th floor is in fact the 8th floor - not sure how they numbered the place.

Restaurants - Breakfast in the Executive club was good, the service was impeccable. Dinner at Bokharra is well worth the price, the food was exquisite. I really can't say enough good things about the food. The wine list was very limited and very expensive, but if you're not a wine drinker I suspect the bill will be half the price.

General Service - Staff at the hotel could not have been more polite, helpful and accommodating. I was very impressed with the service.

Kaya Kalp Spa - Have the Kaya Kalp massage, it was fantastic! - Spa was international hotel prices but again the staff were very professional, pleasant and friendly.

Now for the not so good stuff, basically the swimming pool.

The water in the main pool was cloudy - may not bother some people but it made me nervous about accidentally swallowing the water!

Whirlpool was a bit of a disaster. Most of the nozzles were broken and it had a tendency to make a loud screeching, slurping noise intermittently. Sounded like a distressed whale drinking a milkshake. The water was awful and it was only as I got out I saw the scum collecting around the edges. Even worse, when I had a shower I found I was picking bits of debris off myself that I had acquired in the pool.

So why is the whirlpool such a filthy mess, surprisingly easy to answer.

Pigeons and crows use the whirlpool as local drinking pond, bird bath and occasionally toilet. I appreciate the hotel can not get rid of the birds, but there were things that could be done to discourage them.

For example, clearing away dirty plates so birds didn't swoop on guests to steal bits of leftover food which they then washed or softened in the whirlpool before taking home for dinner.

Which brings me to the final gripe about the pool. There is no pool bar. I'm not saying they need to get an alcohol license, although a G&T at sunset by the pool would have been nice, no, I mean they need a central point for the ordering of snacks and beverages.

Currently all orders are placed at the towel hut which is managed by a single attendant who is also very single minded. He is the Towel Police and he often embarked on patrols to make sure no towels were being purloined, misplaced or mistreated. In fact he couldn't have been more efficient in his role to protect the property of the hotel.

However when it came to ordering food or drinks, or clearing away dirty plates he was a little bit useless. Often absent from his post, on a mission to protect the towels, guests were left wandering around looking for someone to take their order.

A pool bar would mean having a dedicated point were guests could place orders, return plates, if the service is a little lax and would provide a social focus for those travelling alone.

And finally, not really a gripe, more of a suggestion. It would be good for the hotel to have a small shop that provided the bits and pieces that hotel guests are wont to forget. Sun cream, mouth wash etc. As the hotel is quite some distance from any shops, guests can't just pop out to pick up small items.

Overall, I had a lovely stay, I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Delhi on business and recommend the restaurants to anyone visiting Delhi. Thank you to the staff at ITC Maurya who made my time there a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DaPinkGerbil

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We have viewed your feedback regarding the Swimming Pool area with concern and appreciate your constructive comments. We would like to assure you that appropriate corrective measures will be taken.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to ITC Maurya.

General Manager - ITC Maurya