“An enjoyable stay in the heart of Delhi” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of ITC Maurya, New Delhi

ITC Maurya, New Delhi
Ranked #11 of 706 Hotels in New Delhi
Los Gatos, CA
“An enjoyable stay in the heart of Delhi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

This is the first time I stayed here since it changed from Maurya Sheraton to ITC Maurya and I was pleasantly surprised. The experience from the time of entry into the hotel premises until the time of departure was great. The dining experience in three restaurants I brought my guests was wonderful.
The location of the Hotel is very central for doing any work in Delhi.. I had the pleasant surprise of finding that two IPL teams were also staying there.

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank kgsaxena
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Corona, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

The ITC Maurya is one of those hotels that everyone must try at least once in a lifetime! I recently traveled in India and found this hotel in the heart of Delhi to be simply outstanding! From the moment I walked into the lobby until I bid them farewell three days later, the service could not have been better! I was met by Sofia Kumar, escorted to my room, given tea and cookies with chocolate inside. When Sofia found I liked chocolate, I had more cookies, chocolate brownies, and an invitation to ask for anything more I might want. The room it self was fantastic! I was on the Eva floor (for women traveling alone) in the Tower. Comfortable bed, well-appointed furnishings, lovely robes (silk and terry cloth) for my comfort, tea and aroma therapy lotions and more. After I checked in and was settled, I left for some sightseeing. Upon my return was a bouquet of beautiful flowers! The head floor housekeeper and Sofia checked in with me morning and evening to see if there was anything I needed. Sofia made recommendations for sightseeing and food. As I checked out, Sofia was there to give me a hug and wish me a safe journey. I truly felt like I was the only one who mattered! The 28th floor of the Tower is open for a wonderful breakfast (American and Asian). In the evening cocktails and hors d'oeurves are served for guests from 6-8 PM. What a lovely way to end the day with a relaxing glass of wine or an international beer. While there I enjoyed the Bukhara Restaurant one evening and found the same excellent service as the rest of the hotel. Great food and attention to every detail. Throughout the entire hotel there are fresh flowers that are attended to each day. They are beautiful, very fragrant and contributed to the ambiance of the entire stay. What a wonderful stay and one I will repeat if I return to India in the future

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank JanetWK
Mississauga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

I travel to India average 3 times a year to different parts of the country stay in different hotels with very different experience. When I travel Delhi, I stay at the ITC Maurya on Diplomatic enclave, they make me feel too welcoming as if this place belongs to me as my second luxurious home. There is nothing I can say good about this hotel, but I have to honestly say "the BEST" in India. I have been staying at this property for the past almost twenty years, always find the best. Keep it up and thanks to all your corner to corner team members works tirelessly. .
Sudhanshu (Dan) Shekhar, Toronto, Canada.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AnandRaoGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
"Dear Valued Reviewer,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and I am happy to know you had a pleasant stay at the hotel. At ITC Maurya, we value our guests and work towards providing the best services at all times to ensure a warm, comfortable and memorable stay.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,
Anand Rao
General Manager – ITC Maurya "
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

I began a trip to North Central India at this hotel. It was a perfect place to start: rooms were well appointed, the king bed was comfortable, the silk and cloth robes were a nice touch and the breakfast was outstanding. Another plus was the Bukhara restaurant---after a long day of sight seeing, it was nice to be able to eat at a very good restaurant in the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
"Dear Valued Reviewer,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and I am delighted to know you had a pleasant stay at the hotel and enjoyed your meal at Bukhara. At ITC Maurya, we value our guests and work towards providing the best services at all times to ensure a warm, comfortable and memorable stay.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,
Anand Rao
General Manager – ITC Maurya
"
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I am in Oil & Gas exploration, travel extensively all over the world. I have been traveling to Delhi, India 6-7 times every year for last 6 years and every time, I have stayed at ITC Maurya. I really have to work very hard to identify anything that is less that 'Excellent' in this hotel. Be its customer service, its food, cleanliness, promptness - they have really set the standard. Shikha Tejpal works at ITC Maurya and I know her for last 4 years. She is the finest representative that I have seen. The way she carries herself, the utmost care she takes for hotel guests, the amount of detail she gets into - just unbelievable. Very smart, polite, friendly - I really don't have enough words to praise her. Few others who will match her skills and ability are Neha, Mani, Dayaram, Chakravarty, Kamal and several others. These are few people for whom I keep going back to Maurya. God bless them. I highly recommend everybody to stay at ITC Maurya whenever they visit Delhi.
Kaushik Roy

Room Tip: Get in touch with Shikha Tejpal