The ITC Maurya Hotel is located at the Diplomatic Enclave in New Delhi, India. Thus, it is close to a lot of embassies there. Location-wise, I think it is not very convenient for a tourist since it is not a walking distance to New Delhi's main historic sights nor the shopping districts. One would have to take an organized tour, a taxi, or a local tricycle to get to these. Nonetheless, the Diplomatic Enclave area is one of the cleanest and more quiet areas in New Delhi. The Maurya hotel is located along an avenue with rows of beautiful flowers, so it is nice to take a walk or a jog there.
As to the hotel itself, the painting of exterior walls of the hotel are kind of worn out already so I think these need a repainting. The security in the hotel is very strict, as people have to have their bags/baggages checked everytime they go inside the hotel. The hotel lobby is also very nice with its high ceiling painted with Mauryan art. I also found the hotel staff friendly and very accommodating. There is a part of the hotel, i.e., the Towers, which has a separate lobby for guests staying at the Towers. The hotel restaurant where they serve breakfast could get very full during breakfast such that guests who could no longer be accommodated are asked to have breakfast in one of the hotel's restaurants in an upper floor, which restaurant, though boasting a commanding view of the hotel's nearby areas, does not serve a wide-variety choice of breakfast.
The room we got at the hotel (at the Towers section) was nicely decorated although I found it relatively small compared to other five-star hotel rooms. So I think the price of the room was overpriced in terms of the room size. But as to the service and room amenities, the price is worth it. I also liked the shower area of the bathroom, which has a circular enclosure, mosaic style-tile design and a rain-like shower spout. I also liked the hotel's toiletry line brand (Fiama di Wills). The butler was nice and catered even to our minute needs.
All in all, I was very happy with the service that I had in this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in greenery in the heart of Delhi, ITC Maurya - a premier luxury hotel, is acknowledged as the preferred 'Residence for World Leaders and Global Icons' for over 30 years. The 438 room property epitomizes the luxury hotel experience with exemplary service and warm hospitality soaked in Indian traditions. The hotel has established industry benchmarks in safety and security, wide choice of premium rooms and suites, world renowned restaurants, banqueting facilities, spa, wellness and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia and Starwood APAC so you can book your ITC Maurya, New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Itc Maurya New Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- Itc Maurya Hotel New Delhi
- New Delhi Itc Maurya
- Itc Mourya Delhi
- Itc Maurya Delhi