“Sheraton ITC - A Nice Business Hotel”
Review of Sheraton New Delhi

Sheraton New Delhi
Ranked #24 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Ahmedabad, India
“Sheraton ITC - A Nice Business Hotel”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Stayed at Sheraton New Delhi for 2 days as a part of a whirlwind business tour. It is a nice place for a business trip. Since it is an Old property, (used to be Courtyard Mariott once), the place doesnt look as impressive from outside..
The lobby is large and welcoming. The staff was warm and courteous and the check in was smooth. The rooms are clean and spacious with good interiors. The beds have reading lights which is helpful.. The bathrooms are neat and clean. The toiletries are of good quality..The executive rooms do not have a bath tub though.
One must have food at "Dakshin", their inhouse South Indian speciality restaurant for the Super authentic South Indian food -Serves both veg and non veg. Had an awesome dinner there with appam, vegetable stew and the assortments... The breakfast spread is limited, especially the Indian one. Of course the normal, dosa / uttapam counter are there.. but It could have been better. The continental spread is much better though.
The best part of the hotel is also its location.. it is located at Saket, just next to DLF and Select Citywalk mall... huge places, with best of the brands to shop from and a wide variety of eateries...and Hardrock Cafe is just next door too.

Room Tip: Choose for a room facing Mehrauli to get a super view of the Qutub Minar
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ahmedabadhermit
BenitaNewDelhi, Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Benita Sharma
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
uk
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Just back from a one night stop over here. Company I work for booked this hotel. An airport style archway check before you enter the hotel in place Despite going beep , no further check was completed. Begs the question ..... What's the point. All bags are x rayed prior to entry to the hotel. No point in having this really if it's no followed through properly. Other than that a good stay. Had some very tasty room service. The pizza I had for lunch was as good as any an Italian restaurant would be proud of. The chicken curry I had for dinner was brilliantl. This was available to order even at 01 30 am. There's a comprehensive food menu available 24 hours which was handy as we didn't arrive from Europe until late.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ianbeale
Reviewed 14 July 2012 via mobile

We've stayed at this hotel a number of times and always been happy with the facilities and level of service. This last trip we brought our baby, and were really happy to find that this generally excellent hotel is a wonderful place to stay with children. The staff were so helpful and friendly with our child, both in the hotel and restaurant. The hotel had standard issue Sheraton cribs that can be set up in the room upon request, and you can rest assured that these are the exact same cribs given in US Sheratons (identical to one we got in an Orlando Sheraton) so they should meet US safety requirements. The hotel's proximity to the Saket shopping malls (there are actually three in one place, but you have to go outside to go between the mall buildings, just enquire) is great when you are with kids during the hot Delhi summer-- you can get your child some exercise walking in the air-conditioned mall, and on the ground floor in the nearest mall there is even an indoor playground with a supermarket next to it (if, like us, you want to keep some baby friendly foods on hand in the hotel fridge).
I love this hotel in general. The decor is lovely, staff is attentive, security is good, and the rooms are comfortable. The only (small) caveat I would have is that I wouldn't share a room here with a friend I didn't know very well-- the bathroom doors are built like wooden shutters, with those gaps between slats, which looks nice but doesn't give as much privacy as I would want I was staying with an acquaintance. But it is perfectly appropriate for couples/families.
The staff is really amazing here, and very honest. Once I left a book in my room that I didn't want to pack and thought I would get rid of. I put it on the desk when i checked out since I thought maybe one of the cleaning staff might want it. The next day I got an email from the manager informing me I had left this item, and that they would hold it for me until my next stay in a month, or send it to me if I needed it!
A final praise for this hotel-- the buffet meals are wonderful. Even if you are staying on the Executive floor (a get the free continental breakfast in the lounge) it is worth going down to the main restaurant at least once. The food is excellent.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank J F
Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback. It is encouragement like this that helps us to strive for greater heights. We have made a note of your feedback on bathroom doors and we shall review the same during our next renovation.
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I prefer to stay only in this hotel whenever I am in Delhi. Great welcome by very friendly staff makes me feel soo very special each time I visit. Clean spacious well decorated room with perfect interiors and equally clean bathroom. Choice of food is good. Ideally located next to DLF Saket mall that is a couple minutes walk where one could relax or shop.

Room Tip: By choice I prefer 7th floor, breakfast lounge is also located on same floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback. It is encouragement like this that helps us to strive for greater heights. Do expect enhanced levels of commitment on every visit.
Zagreb
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Based on my previous excellent experience with your hotel in March 2009 and having to stay in Delhi for the whole month, I had no doubt which hotel I would like to stay in.
Hotel room was very spacious, stylish decorated and somehow luxurious in many details.
Room window was looking to the pool with nice view over the Delhi. Twice-a-day room service just emphasized the overall luxurious touch.
Having to work long hours, after coming back to hotel I found easy to relax either by the pool, sauna or exercising in the gym in the hotel Wellness Center. Gym staff (Satender, Amit) have been particularly supportive by organizing my workout program and provided excellent stretch at the end.
Conference room is well equipped by all means to support the office work and assisting person was prompt in either printing or scanning various documents.
Reception works very effective, never had a minute to wait to be addressed and assisted for the various issues. Managing personnel provided all requested invoicing and administrative requests I have had.
Waiting for taxi to arrive I was never left by myself but always relaxed chatting with some of the ladies from the reception and making sure everything is OK.
Concierge desk was very helpful in providing taxi, information about Delhi and even buying medicine I needed for painful knee.
Never wanted to take any money for the medicine bought which made me little ashamed.
At the end of my stay, lady from the public relations, Mariah, provided me an entry to the ITC waiting lounge at the Delhi. Would like to thank her as it made my waiting much more comfortable.
Also I would like to thank Mr. Bhujwala who took care of the both administrative and personal aspect of my stay by all means.
Finally, besides all luxurious hotel accommodations and features, it has been the hotel personnel who addressed me personally and fulfilled all my needs making this long business trip away from home and family much home-alike.

Room Tip: Pool View room has good view
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank K V
BenitaNewDelhi, Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this review, 25 July 2012