New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Sheraton New Delhi

Sheraton New Delhi
Ranked #27 of 703 Hotels in New Delhi
Delray Beach, Florida
“I would love to come back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

Usually filling up the online forms are quiet time consuming. But my stay at this particular hotel made me write this review. I have stayed in quite a lot of hotels in India, but this is exceptional.

I must say that everyone who travels to Delhi should stay at this hotel atleast once and I am sure they will all come back everytime they are in town. The hotel is very well connected with the rest of the city and the best part is that there are two Malls right behind the hotel (just a walking distance). For people who come for shopping purpose, these malls are huge attraction. You can shop and shop, till you drop.

We reached the hotel in the evening and as we reached, we could feel the warmth of the team here. The smiling faces welcome you. While you are checking in, your luggage is taken care of and it reaches your room. We had requested for a Non-smoking, pool facing and a quiet room and we got the same.

A beautiful girl in a traditional indian saree escorted us to our room and on the way itself she explained to us all the facilities of the hotel and also explained the room. She checked if we needed anything in the room. She was smiling all this while and was very professional.
We rested for some time and then went to the pool facing restaurant for dinner. Again, the attendants there were ever ready to help with anything we wanted. We could see the restaurant busy and the live DJ.

Next morning, again we went to the pool facing restaurant for breakfast. The restaurant was packed to its full capacity and we could see the boys running around taking care of the other guests. The moment they saw us, they led us to a table. We had a very sumptuous breakfast. We left for sightseeing of the city and were back by evening. It was nice to see our room clean and smelling fresh.

We ordered for a simple food and khichdi in the room itself. The food was served hot and very tasty. It reminded us of "Ghar ka khana". In fact that's what we wanted for the night. Next morning we went to the swimming pool and Spa. The Spa is fabulous and the team there is highly professional and they all are smiling. We decided to get massage done and we booked ourselves for the evening (after coming back from the malls behind the hotel). We enjoyed the shopping in the Mall and came back for our appointment at the Spa. We amazingly felt relaxed. In the night, we went to the South Indian restaurant (Dakshin) for dinner and savoured the dishes of southern region of India. The food was amazing and so was the team there.
Next morning we were to check out of the hotel and we found the same smiling faces everywhere and all of them wishing you happilly. Since we had already given our check out time, when we came down, our bills were ready and our luggage was brought down with utmost efficiency. We were given a warm farewell by everyone.

This is a fantastic hotel, run professionally. Hats off to the Management of the hotel who has such a nice team. I will definitely come back to this hotel and also recommend to all my friends coming to Delhi to make sure that they stay at Sheraton New Delhi.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lado k
BenitaNewDelhi, Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback. It is encouragement like this that helps us to strive for greater heights. Do expect enhanced levels of commitment on every visit.
Benita Sharma
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

This is a really great hotel with good security and feels relatively safe. Good choice of food and friendly staff who where really helpful.

There is a fairly average shopping mall next door which is walkable if you want to escape the hotel.

The pool area is well maintained if not a little on the small size gave the size of the hotel. On the whole a really good hotel. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for Exec room. Lot more room
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi. Do expect enhanced levels of commitment on every visit.
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

It is just next the Select City Walk, the most happening shopping mall in the city. Usually, people that stays at this hotel is because of business from what I have seen. For example, some pilots and air hostess stay at this hotel, and they take advantage of that, because they can go and hang around the shopping mall, where you will find the Hard Rock cafe (good to hang out on thursday night with live music),TGI fridays and cinema complex if you have time to distract yourself during the weekend.

It is located nearby good colonies in Delhi, like Gk1 and GK2, where you can find a lot of restaurants and bars.

They have a 24 hours restaurant, where they serve the breakfast, which I think is only ok, it is having only very few choices to eat. I can recommend you to eat a south indian dosa here, those are good, even in Delhi.

The same restaurant, overlooksthe pool, which I don't like, precisely because is lacking of privacy.

The Look: the facade looks old, like most of the 5 stars hotels in delhi, and the interiors are ok. Designed with indian touches, looking classis, however, doesn't give the perception to be elegant.

They have an executive club, where you can have drinks and snacks. And I think they have a happy hour during early evening (I am not sure).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and your encouraging feedback. Do expect enhanced levels of commitment on every visit.
Kolkata
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

I decided to write this review after much pondering. I have stayed quite a number of times here and I have sent them enough feedback to be subtly excused from any further review.

Let me first specify that I have had my share of staying in hotels but I have stayed here the most number of times, almost once every month since the last year.

However, I had to travel to another city and I decided to stay at another ITC property there, having such a pleasant experience at Sheraton New Delhi. I will refrain from revealing the name of the other ITC hotel here, but I will certainly say that it did not provide me with the service and care I have received at Sheraton New Delhi.

I do not wish to divulge my displeasure at the other ITC hotel, so I will simply tell you why you should visit Sheraton New Delhi at least once. If you are a somewhat frequent traveller you will be revealed, as I been revealed, to many aspects that you might have had not experienced in totality elsewhere.

The location of the hotel is characterised by excellent connectivity to the rest of the city with close proximity to a large mall.

Right from the beginning, as soon as you step out into this hotel please be assured that your luggage will be delivered to you without you even bothering about it. The assigned staffs are bothered about it and will deliver it without you even knowing about it.

When you are checking in please don’t expect any confusion or any mishaps in getting a room as per you specifications, you will not find any such misfortunes. The front office person in front of you will do everything that can be possibly done there.

At this point you will realise that the beautiful sari clad girls standing there are not for ornamental or beautification purposes. Their jobs are not just to smile and look pretty to the guests. They will guide you through the entire check-in process and will show you to your room with utmost efficiency.

In that regard I might add that Miss Poonam Mehta, working in the above capacity, will make you realise that this work, though cumbersome and exhausting, can be executed with utmost care and sheer professionalism. I would further take the courage to comment that it would benefit other hotels if they are able to get Miss Poonam to guide them as to how this particular job profile can be managed.

The entire hotel works in clockwork rhythm. Whether they are operating at full capacity or otherwise, you will not be the one to find that fact. Under all circumstances all the services function without any difference.

I have never had any problems with room cleanliness and I believe no one else will experience any slips in that regard.

In room amenities are all world class and they will cater whatever you want, if you actually manage not to find what you need.

As time would pass, you will realise that every staff who passes by you, irrespective of their department, will notice you and wish you with a smile – and I mean every hotel staff. This is something I have had not experienced anywhere else, to be very truthful.

The restaurants are very well managed. The people therein are a class apart – you will realise that their sole purpose in life is to feed you. Perhaps you will be able to meet Mr. Irfan at the Baywatch -coffee shop. He might make you realise that any good manager can manage a restaurant, but an excellent manager is the one who manages his guests at the restaurant and not the restaurant alone.

The spa services and the swimming pool are top notch – second to none in that category.
The business centre will always mean business and will be at your service without any delay whatsoever.

When you decide to leave you will be re-introduced with the same efficient luggage service that you experienced earlier. While checking out, you will find that all the billing nitty-gritty have already been taken care of. You not be asked questions whose answers you have already provided.

If you still did not like anything and have reported it to the hotel, please be convinced that it would have been taken care of immediately. No place is without fault and when I did find one during one of my visits; my next visit saw that problem had been taken care of. When you receive a reply to your complaint, it means that it has already been solved.

I must personally congratulate the GM managing this hotel. It is not an easy task and I will tell why. Even after looking over the entire hotel and personally taking care of all the complaints, if she still manages to be on the hotel floor to see everything personally, then she must be applauded. I am at a loss as to how she manages to do everything that she does. I do wish other people at her level take an inspiration from her.

I am booked again here sometime later this month and wish to avail their services whenever I can – so should every discerning traveller.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank srhkol
, Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
allahabad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

my recent stay of two nights at the property were very satisfying. Right from the checkin reservation request to check out I was attended to quitewell.
The front office staff were helpful enough to suggest the right options and choices.
The food service staff again made helpful tips and were very accomadating to preferences. Even the housekeeping were instantly caring to the smallest requests.
A big plus for the hotel is a very good crowd but not over crowded.
In all a Big ThumbsUp & GoodWishes!
RajuJaiswal.

Room Tip: Well appointed rooms with bonus on upgrading, ask you will be advised well.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business