“posh”
Review of Sheraton New Delhi

Sheraton New Delhi
Ranked #20 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 21 March 2012

expensive but great to stay, great location and awesome facilities, gr8 food rooms & staff...go for it if u can take a big bite off ur wallet...

1  Thank anky2k2
BenitaNewDelhi, Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback. Do expect enhanced levels of commitment on every visit.
Benita Sharma

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel when I was about to move to New Delhi for my higher studies. During that course I had to shuttle to Delhi around 8 to 10 times. The first time I decided to come here, it was due to its proximity with my university. From then till I got my accomodation at my university I have stayed here almost every month from May 2011 till my last being from the 7th of Jan to the 10th of Jan, 2012. The way from the airport is pretty straight forward and I have never experienced any traffic jams at any of the times that I have travelled from the airport to the hotel.

The reason that made me stay here was that it always felt like home. The property is not very huge, like the others I have been to, but the management is excellent. Everything works like clockwork efficiency, even at 12:30 at night - tried and tested. You never feel out of place, the entire ambience has got a familiar cozy feeling to it. The restaurants are very good, my prolonged stay has given me an opportunity to try all the eateries and the room service. The room service menu is very well prepared and the service time is quite short.

I must, however, say that the entire credit of its efficiency goes to the staff. During my prolonged stay I have seen many new faces but the level of service remains at the top.
The guest service is truly excellent. Speaking of the staff I must mention Miss. Poonam from the guest services, extremely efficient and quite friendly. Apart from the reservations desk, she always called me up before hand to confirm my bookings (I did not know that hotels did that on a personal level) and made sure that the check-ins were quick. Apart from the in-room amenities she always arranges on my arrival, even during the stays she was kind enough to enquire about everything whenever she saw me.

The rooms are of adequate size and the service there-in never lacked. The rooms are sound proof and provide good sleep. The in house travel services are quite good. The spa is complete in its offerings and the pool is very well made with dolphin statues and everything - I would personally prefer it a little bigger, though. The business center provides prompt service, I have used it only a couple of times.

The best part, however, if you are a shopperholic, is that a huge mall is placed right behind the hotel. The hotel has conveniently made sure that its back gate is open for easy access to the mall. I also spotted some Bollywood stars on one of my trips. I would recommend anyone going to Delhi to stay here at least once.

Room Tip: All the rooms are basically the same in architecture, only differing in the amenities and services t...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank daisy-bw
BenitaNewDelhi, Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Reviewed 11 March 2012

If you don't mind the price, this is a great hotel to stay. Excellent service, courteous attendants all around and well appointed rooms. Go for the executive club rooms that give you access to their nice lounge. Attached to two good shopping malls. So, shopping is never a problem.

1  Thank Fellowtravellewr

Reviewed 3 March 2012

Great Hotel with excellent service and food on offer. We stayed here as part of a tour with "Great Rail Journeys".
The bar prices are a "rip off" in excess of £35 for a bottle of house wine and a small bottle of Kingfisher beer £6.
Unfortunately we also stayed at other Sheraton hotels on the tour which had the same "rip off" bar prices.
Like most people we enjoy a drink when on holiday but not at these prices.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stubby1948
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Staying here after a gap of 8-9 months but was glad to see that the hotel has not changed and the services are as good as ever. I would definitely recommend this hotel as a great place to stay in if you are looking for a hotel away from the city center.

I was pleasantly surprised upon check-in to be upgraded to the Presidential suite. The suite was pretty large with a living and dining section, adjoining kitchenette with a fridge etc, a large-sized bedroom, walk in closet, well-equipped bath etc. The room was clean and had a variety of amenities provided.

The executive lounge is a bit small and was only staffed by one person the evening I visited. But I did get good service. Room service, housekeeping etc were really up to the mark. The gym is also well-equipped.

Room Tip: Club rooms are good, suites are better!
2  Thank rajeshkk