“Rickshaw memories”

Luxury Rickshaw Tour of Old Delhi
Ranked #13 of 499 Tours in New Delhi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: When in India offers exhilarating yet leisurely tours of the charming Old Delhi in specially designed pedicabs (rickshaws) and includes an exclusive visit to an old haveli (mansion) built in 1860. Our one-of-a-kind tours have been covered in various newspapers, TV channels and magazines and are included among 'the top 50 trips of the world' by Outlook Traveller (a top travel magazine in India). If you are looking to explore Delhi's rich history, heritage, religions, cuisines and culture, then you will love this experience. With us, you get transported 400 years back in history and glide through the narrow lanes of Chandni Chowk (The Moonlit Square of India), the most popular street in Old Delhi. Take the tour and witness the architectural marvels, the multicolored facades, beautifully decorated shops, ethnically dressed men and women and get bombarded by the fragrances emanating from the potpourri of eateries that line these historical alleys. Included in the tour (exclusive offerings) are foods from famous eateries, real time live-commentary, visit to an exclusive photo-gallery and souvenir booklet. Our expert Delhi enthusiasts (passionate guides) show the city from the local's perspective and tell tales that breathe life into the history of one of the greatest heritage cities in the world and help the guests discover the real places that they will not find in the guide books. Our 'holistic tours' include visits to Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Spice Market, Wedding Market, various Religious Shrines, Silver Bazaar, Town Hall, Zeenat Mahal, old mansions, and other hidden gems. We have paired up with several Delhi hotels and have served dignitaries including the ambassadors from the American and the French Embassies and many other guests from international organization like W.H.O., U.N.E.S.C.O., World Bank, U.N.D.P., Bill Gates Foundation, U.N. and others. We also offer tours in New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rickshaw memories”
Reviewed 23 July 2012 via mobile

A couple of my work colleagues had booked a tour with Taruna on previous work trips, and This tour was highly recommended to me. Traveling on my own, Dehli was a bit intimidating, my guide was ready and waiting for me when I arrived which made me feel at ease. My guide, Ritu was very friendly and made me feel comfortable and safe through Old Delhi. The spice markets are amazing, helped clear my sinuses! Some beautiful architecture to see, daredevil rickshaw riding, and great food! Loved this tour, and would recommend it to anyone.

Old_Delhi, Owner at When In India Tours, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Dear Chris,we love your description of our tours - beautiful architecture, daredevil rickshaw riding and great food! – we might use this as our tagline. :) Thanks for the pleasant review and the strong recommendation; it was our pleasure to take you on the private tour of Old Delhi. Thank you and take care ~ Ritu & Taruna
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Pathankot, India
“" When in India Tours" - Had a blast!”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I am traveling through India with three of my friends. We read about When in |India Tours on tripadvisor and took their private tour yesterday. It was everything that the reviews said. A fun route, high-tech gadgets, loads of interesting information, comfortable, skilled drivers and a guide who loved her city and knows it inside out. We all had a blast!

Our visit to Delhi would have been incomplete without their tour. We plan to take their "Hidden Gems" tour in September before flying back to the States. I highly recommend these tours.

Visited July 2012
Old_Delhi, Owner at When In India Tours, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Dear Mark: Thank you for the strong recommendation, we are so glad that you enjoyed the tour. We are looking forward to meeting you in September and hearing all about your voyage through India. Have fun!
Sydney
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Truly outstanding tour!”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This was the best tour I have ever been on in 30 years of travel! We went in an organized and safe way through what was an otherwise chaotic part of the city. You felt like you were really being adventurous while being totally safe in a trishaw.The guide, Taruna, is practical and full of knowledge and intelligent commentary and she clearly loves her city after returning from years of education overseas. From spice markets to mosques, tiny alleyways and formerly grand palaces, we saw it all. I really felt like going back the next day and doing it again!
This is NOTHING like so many guided tours which can be a bit dodgy and aimed at the naive tourist.
Michael & Tom

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Michael J
Old_Delhi, Owner at When In India Tours, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Dear Michael & Tom: Thank you to you both for such an encouraging review. Our morning tour is geared to include the best of Old Delhi and I am glad that you enjoyed the tour. I believe the rain added to our adventure so thanks for being such good sports about everything. I hope you had a great time travelling through India and I hope to meet you both again. Please take care.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Absolutely SUPERB! More than worth it.”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Just finished the Shah Jahan tour and had an absolutely amazing time! Tiruna's professionalism and expertise was exceptional. Fifty dollars may sound like a lot in India, but they really don't miss a beat. They had cold water and cokes on hand and at your disposal, wet wipes and Kleenex to wipe the dirt and sweat, slippers to wear on your feet when required to take off your shoes, and wipes to make sure they are clean anyway. You get a detailed book of the places you'll explore and the best things to experience.

We were lucky to be the only ones booked today, so our tour was tailored to satisfy our interests.. You can do this without luck at an extra cost and if you have particular things you want to see I think it would be worth! Tiruna (and I am sure her partner as well) was so knowledgable and always made sure we were fine and doing what we enjoyed.

She took us to many places we would not have known about - the best spice market (Starbucks chai tea comes from there!), best place to get parantha (YUM!) and the places where the locals shop. We learned a lot and I am confident we experienced the best and most we could with our little time in Delhi thanks to when in India tours!

I must add that the rickshaw experience was great too. It is all very authentic and even if you have lots of time to explore Delhi, I think this would be worth doing. You can see a bit of everything, learn about the history and decide where you would like to spend more time.

I HIGHLY recommend the shah Jahan tour by When In India! :)

3 Thank Ktg89
, Owner at When In India Tours, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Hey – thank you for your extremely prompt and informative review; and the strong recommendation. I am so happy that you had a great time. It was a pleasure to meet you both and it was really fun to customize the tour as per your interests. These variations are quite entertaining for us as well. I hope you have a great trip through India and take the best memories of us back home. Thank you so much and if possible do add some pictures of you here, when you get time. Much love and take care.
Delhi
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fascinating”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Had a fantastic tour guide who knew everything there was to know of Old Delhi. Being escorted around the narrow streets in the back of a rickshaw bike was great to be able to take all the atmosphere in at street level and speed. Our guide even took some photos of us and emailed them within a few days..Free of Charge! (I perhaps wrongly assumed this would be an extra optional purchase like at many tourist attractions).

Visited June 2012
, Owner at When In India Tours, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Hi! Thank you for your sweet review. Rickshaws are truly the best way to see these amazing narrow alleys and experience the wonders of this historic city. We are so glad that you enjoyed the tour and appreciated the pictures that we had sent. Hope you had a great time in India. Best regards from When in India Team and happy exploring!