Open today: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
a shot in the dark

if it weren't for the reassurance we got from the aquaterra team, we would never have risked the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
cosmicshooters
First Trek - Happy Happy !!

These 5 stars are not sufficient to really relay how warm the team at Aquaterra really is. They go... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
brindamaheshwari
Mumbai, India

All reviews river rafting stok kangri aqua terra rafting company adventure activity these guys amazing adventure his team trek summit brahmaputra siang safety rishikesh rafts arrangements acclimatization
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2016

I just completed the 11 days Zanskar Rafting Expedition with my 2 friends from Europe (German and Polish) and Aquaterra Adventures beat expectations in almost every area.

Food: There were major concerns about food from my European friends before the trip. Now that the trip is over, I can confidently say that we were overwhelmed by the amount of importance given to hygiene during this trip. Needless to say, my friends and all expats on this trip finished the expedition without any medical conditions arising out of food hygiene.

Safety: Again, they beat expectation here. I myself fell off the raft in a long grade 4+ rapid and within 12 seconds rescue kayakers had reached me and pulled me on to safety in no time. The team was well equipped with the required first aid kit and the rafting equipment met all expectations in line with international standards.

Logistics: This is the most important part of any adventure trip which most of us don't realize but the work done in the background by the kitchen and other staff is what made the trip a really comfortable one for us. The staff is well trained to ensure a "customer first" approach in all their dealings.

Overall a 10 on 10 to Aquaterra in every area from me. This was my first trip with them and definitely not the last. Highly recommend to everybody considering a trip with them! Cheers :-)

PS: Forgot to mention that the rafting guides and kayakers are the best in the country and with 20+ years of experience!

3  Thank sashdash
aquaterraindia, Manager at Aquaterra Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Dear Shashi,

Thank you so much for signing up on the Zanskar expedition, it is indeed one of the world classics, and than you for spreading the word about Aquaterra. We do have one of the finest crew on the planet, and we are so happy to read your note, it reaffirms what is important to us!!

We are so happy to hear that your experience with Aquaterra topped many that you have had with others. We try our best and we are glad to be of service and hope to see you soon, back with us on another adventure!

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Amazing organisation, they think of everything. Aquaterra delivered a really fun trip in a stunning area with no hitches at all. Couldn't imagine how they could have organised it better.

1  Thank danmlynn

Dear Dan,

Thank you so much for signing up for the Zanskar - it is one of the best multi activity multi-dayers on the globe, and we are glad you enjoyed it with friends, and found the arrangements seamless.

We are so happy to hear that your experience with Aquaterra was fun. We try our best and we are glad to be of service and hope to see you soon, back with us on another adventure!

Reviewed 21 August 2016

It was amazing to experience Laddakh landscape along with exciting Rapids of Zanskar with Aquaterra's experienced crew. The trip was exceptionally well organized with every small detail planned in advance including food options. Highly recommend this trip to adventure seekers and rafting enthusiasts.

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for signing up on the Zanskar- it is indeed one of the finest in the Himalaya, and we are glad you experienced it with friends,

Reviewed 31 July 2016

From beginning to end, my trip with Aquaterra Adventures was absolutely flawless. Although I have done a lot of solo travel before, I was a little nervous doing the Stok Kangri climb as the only guest booked on the tour - being in a remote area with a bunch of men!!! The prebooking process was fantastic, I can't speak highly enough of Fay who was reassuring and very prompt to my constant emails leading up to the trip - I wish I had a chance to meet her while I was there....! (Hi Fay if you are reading this!)

The moment I met Jetu and Prem at my hotel (guide and assistant guide), any fears about safety melted away. Absolute gentlemen...It was also reassuring that all my gear was checked to ensure it was good enough for the trek. You can tell Aquaterra Adventures is more than a travel company, the staff seem to view each other as family which was really heartwarming.
1. Rafting Jetu - everything you would want your guide to be ..always chipper, ready to help, professional and in control, knows your limits, sings funny songs on acclimatisation hikes, gives away his chocolate and doesnt mind if you spend the afternoon being really unsociable reading and sleeping in your tent like a sloth as I did most days :)
2. Prem - the ever helpful assistant guide who will give you the shoes off his feet (literally for summit day!) and has some pretty impressive mountaineering skills - give him a steep snowy mountain and an ice axe and watch him go!
3. Rakesh - the chef who consistently turned out the most amazing cuisine each night from his kitchen tent...I felt so bad I couldnt eat more due to the altitude! This man needs to open his own restaurant!

The landscape on the Stok Kangri climb was truly majestic, every day I had to pinch myself as I took in my surroundings...if you are thinking of booking this trip, DO IT! and make sure you book with Aquaterra Adventures.....!

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank sydneytravela

Dear Ms. Harris,

Thank you so much for signing up on Stok Kangri, it is indeed one of the finest treks in the Himalaya, and glad you could see some of the awesome views from close to the summit.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

All travel is a form of self extinction . when steered away from the predictability of hotels / resorts and their curated holiday experiences . Aquaterras Sham Valley Trek through the breathtaking landscapes of Ladakh was an experience that erased the familiar and comfortable in favour of the unknown and challenging . To be able to spend a few days on foot in a surrounding where nature shines in great majesty and people are dwarfed to a small unseen trickle . To be able to silently soak in this land . discover its uplifting energy and connect with it . This is what a trek through the land enables . and this is the kind of travel that humbles us . that reminds us of the true purpose of travel

Date of experience: July 2016
2  Thank AnduRaghavan

Dear Traveler,

Thank you so much for signing up on the Sham trek, and we are happy to have been able to have mad it comfortable for you in this remote, high altitude region.