Open today: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
a shot in the dark

if it weren't for the reassurance we got from the aquaterra team, we would never have risked the... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
cosmicshooters
First Trek - Happy Happy !!

These 5 stars are not sufficient to really relay how warm the team at Aquaterra really is. They go... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
brindamaheshwari
Mumbai, India

All reviews river rafting stok kangri rafting company adventure activity these guys amazing adventure his team trek summit brahmaputra siang safety rishikesh rafts arrangements acclimatization kayaking
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I returned to raft on the Ganga after a gap of nearly 18 years. A lot of water has flown under the bridge through this time. With the emergence of many companies on the banks, you are now one amongst a procession of rafts on the river. Perhaps traffic lights would soon be needed. The emergence of hawkers at the end of the rafting trip tells you that the consumerism thriving in the rest of the country has also infected the foothills. What are you going to do-it is a young, crowded and ambitious nation. All this said, I could not have hoped for more in the 48 hours I spent up in the hills. This is thanks in large part to Aquaterra adventures. They beautifully negotiated the fine balance between ensuring safety and keeping the trip as free and natural as possible. Their guides were well trained, well informed, well spoken, yet unobtrusive. Unless you can't live without your daily dose of mind numbing television, you will find that their camps give you just what you need- a full provision of basic needs, and a lot of space to see the sights, hear the sounds, and reflect on the timelessness of the Ganga and Himalayas. Aquaterra seem to be a people who understand the spirit of the region, when many of the locals, and indeed the rest of the country, are fast forgetting it. I went there as a part of a large group of my family with ages ranging from 7 to 70 years. I can honestly say that everyone came off with a greater love for the outdoors.

6  Thank Bhanu B
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Rafting on the Kali/Sarada river was a great introduction to white water rafting. It was a self contained week long expedition. We had mostly grade and a few grade 3 and a couple grade four rapids. The Aquaterra team was excellent. They had lot of experience on the river and were well equipped to handle any situation.

The river and the mountains were beautiful. The beaches on which we camped were superb.

The team carried duckies on the expedition which added to the fun and excitement of riding the rapids.

I would happily recommend this to anyone looking for fun on the river.

8  Thank Shobuy
Reviewed 12 April 2013

So we're looking for a quick 3-day family holiday and sifting through a number of suggestions. Am I glad we chose Camp Silver Sands!! The absolute best destination for worked-out, energy-drained, noise and air pollution-surrounded Delhi'ites! With an early start, a nice 5 hour drive and we're there. Gorgeous white sand everywhere, even on your bed... to make it more memorable :)
I mean, we know the Ganges is cleaner closer to source but you have to be there to see how clean the water is. Best way to get in the water is to be dunked by family and friends :) It is cold in there and you need like 5 mins to get acclimatized (I make it sound like scaling the Everest!) and then you need much more than that to get out of the water :)
The rafting was super. For someone who's not really the brave (!!) adventurous kinds, to come out smiling after being thrown out from a raft standing vertical (the helicopter game) and then to be all excited for another crazy game says a lot.
The staff, all of them- the manager, helpers, professional rafting guides, were excellent! And the food tasted so good. Or was it the activity that had built me the enormous appetite? But really, to walk into the dining area and finding such inviting food was a pleasant surprise. We expected really basic dal, roti and veggies.
Perfect for children. The hawk-eyed staff are always around but in an unobtrusive manner.
And if I write anymore, you'd probably get suspicious thinking I'm being paid to do this!!!
If you're sorting holiday options, this is one safe bet for sure!

8  Thank Yirmiyan
Reviewed 9 April 2013

The Kali River rafting expedition was one of the best experience I have ever had. This was my first river rafting expedition & it was organized very well. The highlight of the trip apart from some great rafting was the beautiful scenery .. the river flows between india & nepal, camping on the beaches for 5 nights with absolutely no connectivity. The food was awesome. The support staff was excellent & ensured that the group had a great time. Highly recommended.

3  Thank Prem K
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Take my word on the title of the reviews...and we can debate on it ,if it is otherwise.Excellent staff and guides,safety redefines, excellent and nourishing meals on the outdoor trips,courteous proprietor, latest equipment and lottsa fun with the occasional hair raising moments you experience on their many river safaris in North India.They have now, flanked operations in foreign waters as well.Very good for the Indian Adventure sector as these guys are the front runners and there is a dearth of such committed outfits, here.Recommended.Go gor it.

Date of experience: March 2013