“wow! What a experience!”

Old Delhi Bazaar Walk & Haveli Visit
Ranked #1 of 51 Food & Drink in New Delhi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our tours are combination of Food, Heritage & Cultural experience with walking and cycle rickshaw (Pedi cab) ride to make a comfortable experience at Old Delhi. We recommend our guests to see Delhi not just as a sightseeing tour or sitting simply on a cycle rickshaw / Pedi cab or in a taxi BUT see it through our eyes to experience the city on the whole ( off the beaten path), with its past and present, with its beliefs and its culture that co-exist. Our walks give a taste of the city and make you sink in the frenzy of its colours, vivacity and irresistible charm. Your senses come alive as you will encounter the many captivating sights and sounds this amazing city has. It indulges you in its artistic enticing food to refresh, rejuvenate your mind, body & soul as it satisfies one's cravings. This also gives an insight to Indian heritage, culture, traditions and Culinary Experience. Disengage yourself from the rest of the world and walk the streets of Shahjanabad / Chandni Chowk with us, the passionate local family ( fifth generation)from the Old City of Delhi. Experience the city, being a part of the traditional culture and history of the amazing Old Delhi, understanding it while you walk the bazaars. You will get a completely different look of India through the eyes of the local family living in the same area. You will be personally leaded around the neighbourhood's winding streets, sharing the neighbourhood's rich history, delicious food & culture. After the walk, you will visit and enjoy complimentary homemade meal at one of the last standing beautiful Haveli (an Old Private Mansion in the old city in which single family is living from five generations) of Delhi.
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“wow! What a experience!”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

From the moment I booked this tour until we had finished the tour, Dhruv went over and above our expectations. Firstly I had booked incorrectly without specifying a date and Dhruv got in touch immediately to clarify and accommodated our last minute booking. On our first morning in India we meet Dhruv. He told us not to tip and explained why which put us a ease straight away and we were told not to pay for anything as it was all included. As we walked around it was like walking around with a friend who was so proud of his local community, which by his interactions with everyone he was certainly a part of. As we went through the shops no one tried to sell us anything or ask us for anything. Dhruv pointed out so many interesting aspects of Old Dehli that we would never have even noticed or recognised as a highlight. The array street food was just amazing and we felt reassured that we would be fine afterwards which we were. I had a henna tattoo done and a bindi given to me. Such a lovely gift! We saw, tasted, felt, smelled and learned so much about Old Delhi that we would not have if we had been with anyone else. As our tour ended Dhruv took us to his family home a beautiful Haveli. We were introduced to wonderful his family who made us feel like family friends rather than strangers they had just met. They told a little about the history of the house and there family. We cooked, ate some of the best Indian food I have tasted, flew a kite and watched Indian fireworks! A few hours later we received an email with loads of fantastic photographs Dhruv had taken during our walk. You couldn't make this up! I am truly grateful to Dhruv and his family for such fantastic memories and sharing a big part of their lives with us. If I had only been on this tour on our trip to India my holiday would have been complete. I can't recommend this walk highly enough. Just amazing! Thank! Thank you for sharing your passion for your country and local community with us Dhruv. Susie

3 Thank Susannah1010101
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Arabic first
Singapore
“The best tour in Delhi”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

The first thing we did in Delhi, we thought this tour would be a good way of seeing beneath the surface in a short time. It was so much more.

Dhruv walked us round Old Delhi, picking out highlights that tourists would otherwise have no idea about, explaining aspects of the life, culture, history and food which the tour books' authors apparently don't know. A well-respected, well-known resident of the area, Dhruv's company ensured that we were not only entertained and educated, but also protected from touting, dodgy street food or anything else which might have proven intimidating in this amazing, but unfamiliar setting.

The tour of the streets led into an equally memorable tour of a incredible, traditional 'haveli' home, one of the few maintained in perfect condition. This was just fantastic, but I won't spoil the surprises here for those who take the tour after us.

Dhruv's 'access-all-areas' and infectious passion for the area - his motivation for running the tours; they are not his source of income - convinced me that there's no other way of getting a first-hand experience of such an incredible part of India.

If you are lucky enough that Dhruv can accommodate your trip, I can't recommend this tour highly enough. Throughout, we felt like close friends or family.

No doubt the best tour in Delhi, comfortably the best my wife and I have been on anywhere. Thank you!

Kolkata, India
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“My best experience in Delhi”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We took the tour as a group of 7 adults and 2 small children. It was just great. I am leaving in India and I never taste street food. Here it was safe and delicious.
The warm welcome in Dhruv Gupta house was also fantastic. I already advise all my friends going to Delhi to try the tour, which is great value for your money.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank FlorentParis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“an eye opening tour to the real Delhi with passion and love to home city”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

My wife and I took the Bazaar walk on Saturday afternoon when the Old Delhi were packed with people doing business. We wisited several shops where the owners were aquintent with our quide. The intention to these wisits to the shops were NOT to sell us anything but show the business behind the old fasades  It was very healty visit to see the another face of Delhi which we would have missed unless this marvelous visit to the bazaar area and also a private home. I personally had the gourage to eat street food and I did not get any problems from that, as promiced by our guide.. Everything and especially the Haveli were worth of while and if we had missed this walk we would had missed a lot. I can warmly recomend this walking tour since it is one of its kind and it truly original one which you can not find anywhhere else. Perfectly organised  tour which were performed with passion and love to Delhi.

1 Thank juha v helsinki
Johannesburg, South Africa
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Not To Be Missed”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Would like to thank Dhruv for the wonderful afternoon and evening we had.I would recommend this tour most highly. We have been to India many time and we decided to do something different. It exceeded our expectations.We had a interesting walking tour around Old Delhi, the highlight was having dinner at Dhruv house "haveli" that was fantastic, with his wife making delicious food. A real treat to experience such care and to feel at home as a guest. Thank you.

4 Thank sarahreid-11