See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very poor in service. The bathroom is too small . The ph is not working in room. N the service its worst. I wont recomend anyone to stay here. No charging point. And they switch off the ac ac quite often.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2017

I would give -10 rating, if I could. They had bed bugs all over the place. And when I reported, they switched me to another room. We checked in to the new room only to find out it had even more bugs than before. 3rd room was the same case. It smelled really really bad. Lot of blood stains over the "never changed" bed sheets.
When we complaint to the management, they were very very rude.
Its not a 3 start. Not even a 1 star. Its a scam.

Room Tip: NEVER EVER fall for this cheap hotels.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank deepakwins
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

My friend and I spent one night at this hotel and it was one night too many. We arrived late around 9 o'clock at night but my friend had booked the hotel earlier expecting me to be tired when I arrive. They charged himRs.1800 for a room that is advertised 745 R on trip advisor. My friend did not have access to Internet or any other hotel booking site and they took advantage of that. When I arrived at the hotel the room was muggy, oily, rundown, the carpets were full of skin flakes, the lights or filled with spiders and bugs, mould was sitting in every single corner of the room wet moist bathroom from a previous customer, I was so tired I could not even utter my discuss. I truly thought that all hotels in India were the same because that was my first impression and my first time in India. It is NOT! We moved next door to a clean environment and for half the price. On Tripadvisor the breakfast was included, and when we requested they said it was not included that it would be extra everything was extra even the visits when the air conditioner wasn't working and the toilet paper. I hate being taken advantage of in a foreign country. We went to speak to the owner would just happen to be in his air-conditioned office, and he was very defensive, shifty eyes, rude, and accused my friend of excepting the price that he had quoted and it was too late! He also said by the way that trip advisor fools people by putting the price down and he unfortunately has to match that price and paper trip advisor the difference which is completely falls again. I took pictures of the The room we stayed at which was room 701 but I hear from other unsatisfied customers that all the rooms are the same and I did look nothing like the ones posted to the TripAdvisor site under luxury room! ( i checked on other sites, same thing)
Please stay away from this hotel it is packed with locals and there's children because they know the true price and they get a deal but tourists are taken advantage of.
Please look around before you get ripped off by Shiva intercontinental hotel in New Delhi.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yvanne
Reviewed 1 March 2017

My friends and I stayed here for one night, our first room was a little stuffy so we asked to move to another room which was on the ground floor... It was a bit cleaner, but still not the most luxurious hotel experience.. The breakfast was mediocre, the best part was the fruits! If you're a germaphobe consider bringing extra bedsheets and pillow cases. The service was friendly and check-in went smoothly.

Room Tip: Try to get ground floor rooms
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 February 2017

This trip was an exciting one as I was traveling to New Delhi in winters for the first time.
After too much of speculation and browsing through various bduget hotels we shortlisted Shiva Intcontinental for my three night short stay in Paharganj, Delhi. The rooms aren't as spacious as they seem in the images. The decor is too heavy and lavish but its far from what it is. The furniture isnt in good shape. For instance, the bed was uneven inspite of changing the room the first day itself.
The Room service is delayed and at times NOT AT ALL, in case of my colleague, she wasnt given the morning tea inspite of reminders. The staff is courteous and always smiling but that is it, only on the face. Mostly all of them are expecting BAKSHIS all the time.
The BIGGEST INCONEINENCE we faced was depsite of winters there was hot water which was barely HOT.
SHIVA INTERCONTINENTAL IS LESS THAN A BUDGET HOTEL. A LODGE HAS BETTER AMENITIES.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business