“they should not call themselves Intercontinental”

Hotel Shiva Intercontinental
Ranked #682 of 1,129 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 December 2015

This place does not correspond with the pictures at all. It is really noise and full of maintenance issues (I almost cut myself with a broken glass table). The staff was unfriendly (specially the manager) and the day we arrive they gave us a worst room because the one we book they already gave it to someone else.

Room Tip: Complaint Complaint and Complaint until they give you what they promised
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lily83___88

Reviewed 31 October 2015

1. The room was too small and too old.
2. The room walls are broken, unclean and stinking.
3. Don't expect a hot water bath.
4. Food was too costly but too terrible to eat.
5. A/C - I still doubt if that was an AirConditioner or an AirCooler.
6. Bed - Dirty, thin and uncomfortable to sleep
7. WIFI - just for the name sake. It can't even open a single webpage/app
8. Room Service - They don't even clean the room, but they beg for tips at the time of checkout.

Overall. I had a worst experience staying there.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Vinoth Kumar N
Reviewed 2 October 2015

When you look for cheap hotels, the general implication is cheap in price and reasonable in amenities. Shiva intercontinental is cheapest of them all in quality and features. Why?? Read on..
I had the misfortune of staying here for 3 days. The first day as I checked in , I was allotted room no 404 which had a doomy feel to it to start with. Not cleaned (for decades maybe), dirty linen, poor light and lack of ventilation felt suffocating. Within minutes I was attacked by nasty bed bugs and I turned red all over (literally and figuratively!) When I complained many times, with great reluctance the staff changed the room to 108. Here toilet flush wasn't working and there were no towels, toiletries. When I complained again the attendant came with 2 towels (for 2 of us) one of which was almost rag cloth and in tatters. When I asked for a change, he shouted in the rudest tone possible that it won't be changed till the next day. I called up reception but guess what? The guy had a strong support system. Damn! Asking for drinking water also was met with the same response. Wi-Fi didn't work for most of the time. In the evening that guy came casually in our room and put his phone on charge right next to my bed and sat on the bed (of course there was no question of asking for permission, everything casual). During the remainder of our stay we had to put up with their loud and brash behaviour (singing, laughing or just lying down in the corridor)
On the day of checkout, the ever lethargic attendants sprung into action asking for tip. With infuriated minds we settled the bill, handed over the key and made our way out determined to never return. But wait, the ordeal was far from over! The watchman (who had just taken Rs 50 from us moments ago) came running behind and grabbed our rickshaw telling us that we might have taken the room keys with us. Can you imagine the anguish we must've felt at this moment? We went back and the counter attendant after making a couple of calls (keeping us waiting) casually said that the keys are with some other attendant!
What is wrong with this hotel??? Where do I begin? No concept of professionalism, respect for guests (privacy, comfort or even survival!), hygiene, cleanliness or maintenance. Paharganj area isn't known for a great ambience in general but this hotel sets new lows. Sleeping on street would be far better. Why Zo rooms??? Why did you do this to me?

Room Tip: Run for the hills! Too late if you are choosing a room here. 4th floor is dundgeon
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank silentlamb2015
Reviewed 14 September 2015 via mobile

Very very bad hotel..we stay only 54hour and change the hotel...we arrive 5 in the morng we have to go by stairs to 4 th floor ...we call them to give soap towels ..but we got on 10 in mrng..bathroom is bad its a big toom for 3 people but they have windw ac so consdrd the as non ac rooms ...no cooling...dont try this hotel there are many other good option..and zo rooms pls dont tie up with such bad hotels as we done d booking by zo rooms...

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Siddharth S
Reviewed 31 August 2015

I had booked the golden triangle package on MakeMyTrip. By some great misfortune, I ended up getting this hotel for my delhi stay. The location of the hotel was not good. It was a cramped street filled with various other small hotels. The itinerary promised a 3 star hotel but I got a hotel which cant even be rated as a 2 star. It was like a lodge that smelled like cigarettes and liquor in the hall ways. Bad visit for a family.

The booking confirmation was for 2 deluxe bedrooms. The hotel was not prepared even though we checked in well after check-in time. One room was okay but the other room they gave was like a public toilet. It stank. It was not clean and the ac, facilities, bathroom amenities etc., looked as if they were not maintained for decades.

The customer service was not friendly. It was more like the staff of the hotel were annoyed with our presence. After taking my concern with the reception, they changed the room for us to a deluxe version (deluxe according to them). No towels, no water, no soap. Everything had to be asked and then they would be given by an angry looking staff member.

Specific Irritation: The hotel kitchen in charge used to come knocking and ringing the bell of every room in the hotel asking if the guest wanted food. This even happened at 10.30 in the night when we were sleeping. If the door was not answered, he kept ringing the door bell until someone answered. Very horrible experience!!!

I blame Make My Trip for even recommending such a hotel to a customer.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family