“Good location, average hotel”

The Ashtan Sarovar Portico
Ranked #95 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Singapore, Singapore
“Good location, average hotel”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Stayed here on my recent trip to New Delhi. Booked the hotel due to its locational advantage.
The hotel is quite average. Location is near the Green Park metro and quite convenient.
Breakfast is included with the room and is quite okay!
The hotel does provide free wi-fi but the signal in the room was as good as non existent. It will be easier to surf in the lobby instead.
The staff is polite and helpful.
Restaurants are market is also closeby. Would only recommend the hotel due to its location.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AbhijitGhate
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Indonesian first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Hotel Run By Liars

This hotel lied to me.

The receptionist told me that wifi was down my first day staying there. They said it would work in the morning. The next afternoon after returning to my hotel room, the wifi was still down. I went down to the lobby, and on my phone I realized I was getting the wifi signal for the hotel. I figured out that the problem must be in my room only and not the entire hotel.

I went back downstairs irate that a hotel would even think to knowingly house a guest in a room with wifi problems while continually lying about the room's conditions to trick a guest. This is deplorable. The room that had no wifi accessibility was Room 215. Room 215 also has a heavily frosted window so that a guest can't see outside. The room felt like a jail cell.

After informing the reception that I realized what they were doing to me, they changed me to Room 309, where the wifi was working, even though my window “view” was of a wall.

I felt cheated, and not valued at all as a hotel guest.

I booked this hotel because of its Tripadvisor position, but it's positioning is highly unwarranted.

I will NEVER book this hotel again, nor will I ever recommend it to anyone because the hotel is dishonest and they seek to cheat their customers. A young man working at the front desk was paramount in this as he slyly smiled in my face while he kept lying about the room I was initially housed in. Sickening.

Also, as I tried to access some popular hotel websites to change my booking for better hotels, and it seemed that some of those sites were blocked, which is a very strange thing to do. Again, incredibly sneaky, and dishonest. Lastly, be careful with leaving your luggage unattended as a driver mistakenly took my jacket, although the hotel manager was helpful in helping me recover it back by tracking down the driver. The only positive I can think of for this hotel is that it is a 3 minute walk to the Green Park Metro station, otherwise this hotel is an utter nightmare.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank tracejas
SarovarHotels, Manager at The Ashtan Sarovar Portico, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Dear Guest

Our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused to you at our hotel during your stay.

There was a problem with the Wi-Fi router that serves the room you were staying in. Efforts were made to rectify it. As it would have taken some time to set it right we offered to shift you to another room and gave you a room with a good connection. The hotel provides regular internet connectivity through Wi-Fi. There is no mechanism to block or restrict any site.

At Ashtan Sarovar Portico we make all efforts to ensure a comfortable stay for our guests. Once again our apology for the inconvenience caused to you. We assure you of our best attention at all times.

Regards

Vishal Prasad
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We spent three nights, including New Year's Eve. The location is excellent as it is across from Green Park Metro Station. The hotel is very modern with appealing decor, comfortable beds, great service, and a nice onsite restaurant. The hotel is in walking distance to a shopping area that has everything from chemists to a wonderful sweet shop. Delhi is so spread out and congested and we found this to be an ideal location for exploring. The area is quiet at night and you can't beat having a metro stop across the street. The value is excellent considering the price of other comparable hotels in Delhi.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Wanderlust2travlers
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Have been booking conferences and guests in Delhi hotels for over 4 years. At last I found a place which is comfortable and affordable - real value for money. We had a group of 5 persons stay there last week. I too checked in .The rooms were perfect, service excellent and free internet. The Sony LED TVs in a budget hotel were a welcome surprise multi cuisine restaurant offered a good and delicious range. Will be using the hotel again for sure.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Arunmitter
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I stayed two nights in January during a company conference and was very impressed by the service and overall experience. The Ashtan is right next to the metro station and it took me less than 20 minutes to reach Gurgaon at one end and Connaught place at the other. I tried both Indian and continental food during my stay which was excellent. Will be back again.

• Stayed January 2012