“authentic and safe”

Delhi Food Adventure
Ranked #161 of 497 Tours in New Delhi
More attraction details
Owner description: Delhi Food Adventure is an organization that provides Food Walks to international visitors and enables them to experience the best food and walking experience in Delhi. Our Walking Tours last 3.5 - 4 hours within which the participants will visit multiple outlets (best of the best) and sample authentic Indian delicacies, drinks and sweets. Our food walk offers not only amazing food experience but also the colorful lifestyle of India’s capital city.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
milano
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“authentic and safe”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We visited a number of restaurants and street vendors and had some of the best Indian food I've ever had. Every food item was freshly made and delicious and we did not have any problem whatsoever afterwards. Everything was ordered by Prabhat, who chose the best and most representative dishes. He also provided interesting info about the area and helped us get a taxi when the tour was over.

Visited January 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Before traveling to Delhi, I was worried I would get sick from food poisoning. The only belly ache I got was from overeating. Morsels this delicious beg to be polished off the plate rather than just sampled and left alone. Overall the "tasting menu" was superbly curated from diverse and unique dining spots and truly enhanced my experience of Delhi. And the, ahm, kinetic rickshaw ride thru the mesmerizing maze of old Delhi at night was certainly a highlight (nothing like heart-pumping adrenaline rush to build up the appetite!). I raise my fork in salute.

of old Delhi Don't miss it!

Visited February 2012
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Prabhat is just awesome. I contacted him in Jan asking if he could change the food tour time to the afternoon since I had to be back at my hotel in the evening for a meeting. After following up with him, he changed it on my request! I'm so glad he did b/c I would have never ever dared to go to Chandni on my own.

I'm from NYC and nothing is as crazy as Chandni crowd. It was so nice to have Prabhat to guide me through. I spent 2 weeks in India and I think this food tour was when I truly experience the "taste of India".

I guess some people are afraid this guy might do a no show but if you remind him of your tour date, it should be okay. We're all human and we do slip and forget. I'm sure Prabhat means no harm and wants to make sure you enjoy the food and the tour!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank lilzstarlight
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great tour!”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We agree with all the enthusiastic reviews about this trip. Just a couple of extra points. The walk is on flat streets and paths, and is not too quick, so if like us you are mature people with creaking joints, you will be fine. Also, we were let down by our hotel as they failed to book a taxi for us so we missed our booked food walk. This was not a problem and we were booked in for the next day with no fuss at all. We would highly recommend this tour.

London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Most fun way of getting to know Delhi's street cuisine”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Chadni Chowk Metro station can be very intimidating but I knew we were going to be alright once Prabhat turned up - he's a very cool, very calm and very reassuring guide. The place is buzzing and the food is all great if you're not overly health conscience, don't eat too much before you go and don't over do it on the first few snacks though! Very, very glad I did it, it was a brilliant experience and I feel a lot more confident ordering and eating around here now. If you're coming to Delhi, you have to do this.

Visited March 2012