“Awesome”

Delhi Food Adventure
Ranked #173 of 517 Tours in New Delhi
More attraction details
Owner description: Delhi Food Adventure is an organization that provides Food Walks to international visitors and enables them to experience the best food and walking experience in Delhi. Our Walking Tours last 3.5 - 4 hours within which the participants will visit multiple outlets (best of the best) and sample authentic Indian delicacies, drinks and sweets. Our food walk offers not only amazing food experience but also the colorful lifestyle of India’s capital city.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Prabhat is just awesome. I contacted him in Jan asking if he could change the food tour time to the afternoon since I had to be back at my hotel in the evening for a meeting. After following up with him, he changed it on my request! I'm so glad he did b/c I would have never ever dared to go to Chandni on my own.

I'm from NYC and nothing is as crazy as Chandni crowd. It was so nice to have Prabhat to guide me through. I spent 2 weeks in India and I think this food tour was when I truly experience the "taste of India".

I guess some people are afraid this guy might do a no show but if you remind him of your tour date, it should be okay. We're all human and we do slip and forget. I'm sure Prabhat means no harm and wants to make sure you enjoy the food and the tour!

1  Thank lilzstarlight
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

We agree with all the enthusiastic reviews about this trip. Just a couple of extra points. The walk is on flat streets and paths, and is not too quick, so if like us you are mature people with creaking joints, you will be fine. Also, we were let down by our hotel as they failed to book a taxi for us so we missed our booked food walk. This was not a problem and we were booked in for the next day with no fuss at all. We would highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Chadni Chowk Metro station can be very intimidating but I knew we were going to be alright once Prabhat turned up - he's a very cool, very calm and very reassuring guide. The place is buzzing and the food is all great if you're not overly health conscience, don't eat too much before you go and don't over do it on the first few snacks though! Very, very glad I did it, it was a brilliant experience and I feel a lot more confident ordering and eating around here now. If you're coming to Delhi, you have to do this.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

We were excited about going on this tour after reading all the amazing reviews on here! It is our first trip to India, first day, and our honeymoon! We waited for the tour guide for 15 mins in the location and he never arrived. The location was extremely busy/scary and felt very vulnerable and upset when we weren't met. We telephoned and the guide said there wasn't a tour which he had never mentioned to me before.

In their defence the guide has issued a refund and been very apologetic however, just be careful. Make sure to reconfirm the day before otherwise you will be sorely disappointed.

5  Thank KiKiBerkshire
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Delhi Food Adventures is great! My husband and I participated in their Chandni Chowk food tour on March 16th, 2012, and we had an awesome time. Vipin, our guide, was very knowledgeable about the city of Delhi and its culinary delights. We visited several places that we would have either been unable to locate on our own, or reluctant to try without guidance, and the food was amazing! Vipin was even able to locate some new foods for my vegan husband to try. If we make it back to Delhi, we will definitely give Delhi Food Adventures another visit!

Elyse and Bryan