“good hotel. unfortunately fully vegetarian hotel”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Delhi Satbari
Ranked #58 of 1,086 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Opfikon, Switzerland
“good hotel. unfortunately fully vegetarian hotel”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

i stayed in dehli beginning of september for a business trip. hotekl is good located if u have to go to gazihabad and other places east of dehli. rooms are good and i would say 4* category. unfortunately the hotel is fully vegetarian and i didn't know it. not even an egg station for breakfast. cannot come back.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank AndyStGallen
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Turkish first
Delhi
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We stayed at Country Inn and Suites Satbari, New Delhi for 2 nights in August to attend a family wedding.

Good things first - The hotel is fairly new so its very clean and well maintained with modern well appointed rooms. The room size is a bit on the smaller side but still pretty decent. The hotel staff is very courteous and well mannered and took excellent care of us.

There were a couple of problems though. Firstly, there was a lot of seepage in the corridor in front of our room which had a peculiar stench. On reporting it to the hotel, they put some sopping mats there but it was still mushy. We did not request for a room change so I can't complain beyond this.

The worst part about the hotel is it's location. Since we were attending a function at the hotel, the location didn't matter to us but if you are visiting Delhi for tourism you will find this place a bit out of the way.

All in all we had a pleasant stay and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to a friend.

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside room. The view from the other side is not great.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Amit50
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Ok, so I have stayed in a couple of Country Inns in the past, the most recent being the stay at Gurgaon.Overall I did not like this one as compared to the property at Gurgaon. However the staff are excellent and always aim to please.This Country Inn is made for the purpose of having banquets and parties and not really to stay (though I did not look at the banquet hall) but I know they have one and this area in Delhi has a lot of farm houses etc converted to banquet areas for parties and functions. This is probably the reason why it is not that well connected with public transport (the closest metro station is Chatarpur and from there it is a good 6-7KM with not many taxis are happy to go there because they return empty) However the hotel (if required) also arranges auto-rickshaws and cabs when you check out.The rooms are nice and big with big windows looking out to the lawn.They have a small pool but I felt the water was very saline and chlorine content was real high it burnt my eyes.Food options are not available close by so be prepared to eat what the hotel offers though they did heat the food we got from elsewhere.The breakfast was sad, first they said it was buffet breakfast which starts at 0730 and ends at 1000 then when we reached at 0820 everything had finished (aparently they had a group staying at the hotel who finished all the food at 0500AM because they had a early morning flight) so we had to settle for al carte with no fresh juice and only bacon available, this was real sad basically they forgot about us and did'nt bother to get us good breakfast because the hotel thought it is better to make the large group happy, barring the breakfast incident and the location I can consider staying here again as the rates are competetive.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nairajay10
Mumbai
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I happen to find this hotel through Jetairways site. They have a tie up with this hotel and apparently you can earn miles if you stay here so I checked it out and found the prices to be reasonable so booked it online. They don't have any space to enter Jetairways membership number at the time of booking which I found a bit odd. Upon entering the credit card details, the card is not charged immediately. Your reservation is kept on hold till you arrive where they charge your card upon check in.

So I checked in and it was smooth except for the fact that they charged INR3,000 more on my card then the mentioned room rate as a deposit which would be adjusted any pending bills or credited back to my account once I check out. I found this to be very odd and a bit annoying because the front desk staff did not inform me about this regulation. If you're charging my card with an amount that is more then the confirmed amount, then at least have the courtesy to inform me before charging.

So check in was done and I was taken to my room. By the way, 1st floor is actually 2nd floor at this hotel so memorize that when you get into the elevator as I ended up on rooftop a couple of times. Room was spacious and nicely done. I relax on the king size bed and switch on the television only to be taken aback. No HBO, No STAR MOVIES, No AXN, No STAR WORLD, No Sports channels, No DISCOVERY TURBO or NAT GEO Adventure. Are you kidding me with all this? A 4 star hotel not having any of the above mentioned channels. Really annoying! They do provide complimentary internet connection in the room which is relatively fast so that's a plus point.

Ordered some room service from their limited menu and food came cold. As mentioned by one of the previous reviewers, this hotel is NOT purely vegetarian. In fact, they have more non-vegetarian verities. Food was a bit blend for my taste but passable. Mini refrigerator in the room was not working so no cold water. Got up next morning and missed the buffet breakfast so went down and ordered some breakfast which was still complimentary despite of missing the breakfast deadline. By the way, many dishes on the menu were not available. No waffles or pan cakes. No donuts and I ordered yogurt papaya with honey and strawberries and got only papayas. When I informed the waiter, he said they didn't have yogurt papayas. No fresh juice neither. Horrible I would say for a 4 start hotel. Service at the coffee shop / restaurant can improve a bit as well as it got a bit slow and not so attentive at times.

Ordered lunch in the room and requested for potatoes to be put in my sandwich to which the reply was a stern no. How difficult is it to put few slices of potatoes in a sandwich to please the guests? Sandwich came and as usual, it was cold. It was supposed to come with french fries as mentioned in the menu but instead, came with chips. Did not even care to ask why as I was not bothered. The house keeping staff kept bothering through out the day to clean the room despite of me making it clear that I would put the tag 'Clean My Room' on the door when the room needs to be cleaned. Finally gave up the third time and let them clean my room. There was a small lizard in my room and while trying to get rid of it I looked underneath the bed and found old dead flowers. WTH? House keeping needs to clean from under the bed as well.

Overall, I would say the experience was strictly average and there are much better options out there in much better areas of Delhi. I would not visit this place again!

Room Tip: Choose pool facing room as view is a bit better then other rooms.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank mitul9
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 28 June 2011

This is a good place for family and friends, of course to kill time! This place presents a great panaroma.

The service of staff is great, food is really good that satiate the taste buds. Its a great experience to be at this place. One should keep at least a days time to spend at this place and near by as this place is near by and is surrounded by the monuments of historical importance.

Its a great place to be.

Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
6.8 km away
Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket
10.3 km away
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson - Gurgaon, Udyog Vihar
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson ...
#14 of 233 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Delhi Satbari? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK