Review Highlights
Amazing

I walked with Surekha today, September 19, 2021 on the Mandi House walk. In Delhi during the 1950’s... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Medjo
Casablanca, Morocco
via mobile
Delhi Walks with Surekha Narain: Passion, Knowledge and Surprises

Though Delhi has been my home for 35 years, I learn something new every time I go on a walk with... read more

Reviewed 13 May 2020
455bab
Washington DC, District of Columbia

All reviews chandni chowk red fort learn something come alive mughal history wonderful person private tour metro station sufi knowledge jain delhi effigies shrine dussehra mohammad talks
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 January 2019

Great experience! We had a full day visiting Agra. Apart from the unmissable monuments she proposed me alternative experiences like a poem walk in Old Agra, a dinner with a local family and a walk inside the busy bazaar which I could never have experience by myself being alone and new to the place.

Reviewed 26 December 2018

I spent two wonder-filled days in Delhi with Ms. Surkeha. On the first day, we studied the history and beauty of Qutb Minar and strolled to the Sufi Dargah Shrine in the Mehrauli Village passing by a baoli (step well). On the second day, we explored the Red Fort and experienced the temples of Jainism, Hinduism, Sikhism, and Islam as we walked along Chandni Chowk. Thereafter, we traveled to the Tibetan Colony of Majnu Ka Tila. I highly recommend Ms. Surkeha's tours!

Reviewed 9 December 2018

Do you know how to relate Purana Qila with Humayun tomb? The answer is in the fort: the library!
There is also an interesting archeological museum, nearby the entrance, witch you can visit for 5 rupees.
Beautiful gardens, a wall mosque, so much top see.... Just ask Surekha to tell you more and then she will start with all the dynasties who ruled India, to let you more about the 5th city of Delhi!
An enriching experience.

1  Thank marie o
Reviewed 15 November 2018

We did a couple of tours with Surekha. Both tours were fantastic.

On the food tour, she took us to numerous places where we could sample the local foods. On each stop, she explained what we were eating and always offered to buy more food, if we really liked something. I have been living in Delhi for nearly 2 years and hadn't even seen some of the food we tried on this tour whilst living here!

The other tour was the Yamuna River tour. I highly recommend. We started off seeing the wrestlers practice close to the Yamuna River, then we did a river walk/boat ride around the burning ghats and had brunch at a Tibetan village (included in the cost of the tour). At no time did Surekha rush us - we were able to take our time and browse the markets at the Tibetan village.

I highly recommend her and will be contacting her again in the future for tours.

Date of experience: November 2018
1  Thank 317wesley80
Reviewed 28 October 2018

Combine expert historical knowledge with enthusiasm and passion and you have an incredible tour. Had an amazing personable and fun experience with Surekha and would highly recommend her Mehrauli tour to gain a better understanding of Delhi.

Date of experience: October 2018