Review Highlights
Amazing

I walked with Surekha today, September 19, 2021 on the Mandi House walk. In Delhi during the 1950’s... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Medjo
Casablanca, Morocco
via mobile
Delhi Walks with Surekha Narain: Passion, Knowledge and Surprises

Though Delhi has been my home for 35 years, I learn something new every time I go on a walk with... read more

Reviewed 13 May 2020
455bab
Washington DC, District of Columbia

All reviews chandni chowk red fort learn something come alive mughal history wonderful person private tour metro station sufi knowledge jain delhi effigies shrine dussehra mohammad talks
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 August 2018

My husband and I went on 2 tours with Surekha. On day one, it was just the two of us; the second day another lady joined us. Surekha is full of energy, with a good sense of humor. Her tours are full of information. She really goes out of her way to inform you and for you to enjoy the tour/day!! We highly recommend her, it is a great way to get to know the city!!
Thank you!!!

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank levymv2
Reviewed 6 August 2018

My wife and I spent 4 days in New Delhi and we decided to start off the trip with Heritage Walks with Surekha Narain. Surekha is the best in the business, she really knows her stuff and it's a great way to introduce you to the many layers of wonderful and interesting history that Delhi has. We took the Sultanate Delhi and the Mughal Delhi tours and we highly recommend them both. Surekha is very passionate and knowledgable and she will show you Delhi from another perspective. Great experience and I'm glad we chose Surekha to start our Delhi trip. I highly recommend her and looking forward to calling her again for other tours when ever we go back to India.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank artgiga
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

You cannot explore this city full of history just by yourself in one weekend, without missing the highlights, if you are visiting for the first time.
Surekha had organised it beautifully, we visited palaces built by Claude Martin, the French influence in the architecture, la martiniere college, havelis in the old city... I cannot name them all.
We also met passionate Lucknow natives architects, historians, writers, designers... It was an amazing Adventure, I would definitely recommend!
Don't hesitate to ask her for private tours!

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Surekha escorted us with flair, excitement, insider knowledge and consumate ease, through the madness of Delhi Station, to Agra for a two day stay. On the train she regaled us with facts and figures about the sites we were to visit, providing plenty of reading material (and cappuccinos!) should we need it. Her energy and enthusiasm is infectious and I felt instantly at home in her company. She also provided additional excellent local guides at the Taj Mahal and Red Fort, and recommended excellent choices for eating, including the Sheroes cafe run by Acid Attack Survivors, an unmissable experience.
She whisked us off for an amazing morning of bird watching in Bharatpor, a great antidote to the hectic time in Agra, and again she was knowledgeable and informative. At the station and the Taj, she guided us through crowds with an almost Moses like ability to part the "sea" of people, providing fabulous photo opportunities for us. The taxi transport she arranged was always punctual so we were never kept waiting, meaning we got to see so much more than if we had tried to sort our own itinerary out.
I would highly recommend this power-house of a woman - seeing her diminutive figure stride out into the crazy city traffic, arm raised, saying " I will only stop the traffic once, so go when I say so..." was a highlight of how to deal with this mind boggling country for me!
Also, not standing for food that wasn't as fresh as it could have been was a good lesson for me, she was firm and fair, demanding we were served only the freshest cooked parathas. As a tourist you often accept what is given as the norm, she would not accept second best, the same applied to minor accomodation problems we had at the hotel, but she handled it all with firmness and great humour, whilst getting what she wanted...

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Mary K
Reviewed 22 January 2018

I have been to Agra and the Taj five times now, but the last trip, Jan 2018, with Surekha, was the very best yet.

We had a ball! Saw the Taj in so many different lights - literally and metaphorically! Photographed it from all angles but better than all that Surekha introduced us to the exquisite baby Taj. What a gem! Don't miss it! In an action-packed trip, we also went to the magnificent Red Fort and enjoyed the winter migrants in Bharatpur bird sanctuary - brilliantly plumaged kingfishers, fluffy owlets, marsh harriers, vultures and ducks of all sorts, before returning to view the Taj once again. Surekha takes you on a really good train from Delhi that feeds you and gets you there in an effortless 1.5 hours. Can't recommend the experience too highly.

Date of experience: January 2018