“A Home Away From Home.”
Review of Jorbagh BnB

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Jorbagh BnB
Ranked #14 of 1,095 New Delhi B&B and Inns
London
“A Home Away From Home.”
Reviewed 10 December 2011

We know Delhi very well and usually stay with friends but this year that was not possible. We wanted somewhere (not a hotel) in a nice part of Delhi and found Jorbagh BnB on the Internet. We could not have made a better choice. We were looking for a home away from home and we certainly found it.

The bedrooms (there are only 3) and bathrooms were completely refurbished only a year ago and are sizeable, clean and nicely furnished. There is a pleasant breakfast room and a nice South facing terrace all on the same floor. The breakfasts are delicious and healthy with juices, fresh fruit, cereals and eggs ( try the masala omelette !) all on the table and all served with a smile by young Ramesh.

So for us everything was perfect but what made the stay extra special was the owners Pravin and Anjoo Sharma. They are both delightful people and very courteous and gracious hosts. Mr Sharma is extremely helpful and knowledgeable on any issues or requests that one might have and we shared many pleasant conversations with him during our stay.

And of course, Jorbagh itself is an excellent location. A nice residential area with local markets, a near by metro station and taxi rank and the beautiful Lodi Gardens only a short walk away.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I have made many trips to India for a mix of business, family visits and tourism. I have stayed in high-end hotels, guest houses and hostels in large cities and small towns and have experienced everything from high-end sycophancy to country warmth. Pravin and Anju Sharma provide the best of all these experiences; the warmth, hospitality and family friendliness found in country guest houses combined with high-end smart service, and fine breakfasts. But what differentiates Jorbagh BnB from the rest is the willingness of the hosts to share their extensive knowledge of Delhi and India, it's food, culture, history and its future. They do this in generous style but they don't get in the way. Their staff are friendly, efficient and Ramesh has a most winning smile. The location is superb. Close to Dehli's terrific metro, an easy trip to the key tourist attractions, walking distance to the Indian Habitat Centre where my conference was held, and the lovely Lodi Gardens. I'll be back and highly recommend it - it's likely to become a Delhi institution. If you want to experience Indian hospitality at its best, then book at the Jorbagh BnB. If late night parties are your style, then this is not for you.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I stayed for a week on business. The location is great, the price very reasonable, the breakfast excellent, the room spacious, well-equipped (Satellite TV, wireless internet, work desk) and clean, and the hosts charming, informative and gracious. What a refreshing change from the pompous atmosphere and outrageous prices of New Delhi's chain hotels! Most highly recommended!

Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Ottawa
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I stayed at the Jorbagh BnB for five nights on business. The location was fantastic; I was able to walk to my office and to Lodi Park to go for a run. The metro was close by as well. The rooms and premises were spectacularly clean; the bathroom was fresh and modern. The hosts are fantastic and go out of their way to make you feel at home and well attended to. I would stay here again and highly recommend it as a safe home base in Delhi.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I could not have found a better, safer and more secure place to stay in, when I arrived in Delhi. Mr Sharma and wife Anju are the epitome of traditional Indian hospitality and his generosity of spirit and large-heartedness made up for my family not being with me. For five months, Mr and Mrs Sharma became my one stop guide to Indian history, culture and traditions. The guesthouse is beautifully maintained. I was always impressed with the quality of food, the hygiene and the Sharma’s made sure I was always very well looked after. I highly recommend the Jorbagh BnB guest house , especially to all those who are looking not only to find comfortable and secure accommodation but those who also want to get first hand information about the country, its history, culture, traditions and more.
I lived and worked in nine countries in Asia and Africa out of my Headquarters in New York. Nowhere have I experienced such great hospitality. I have enjoyed the enriching breakfast conversations or a meal in exquisite places only known to residents over bottles of Kingfisher Ultra beer. When the mango season was ending, Mr. Sharma will go to faraway places to find the last mango for breakfast.
When my family came to visit, my children fell in love with the “Mother Dairy Lassi” . Every time I travel to see my family the Sharma’s would pack a carton of fresh Lassi for me to take to my kids.
I became very much attached to the Sharma family, that I was being invited to family functions such as weddings. When I finally moved to a permanent accommodation, I stayed a few blocks away from the Sharma’s. Mr. Sharma still calls to check on me and ask if I need anything in my new apartment, or to go walking in the beautiful nearby Lodi Gardens. It is hard to come across truly genuine people like the Sharma’s these days. All the best and thank you for everything. Irenee Dabare, UNDP New Delhi, India (June to November 2011).

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business