“Consistently Great and Food”

Tempting Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 156 Dessert in New Delhi
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 10
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tempting Restaurant An innovative, fresh approach to Indian and Chinese cuisine offers a relaxed, contemporary atmosphere in which to enjoy the Food. In over a couple of years of service, the restaurant has sought to redefine Indian food and decor.
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We first came to visit Tempting after reading about them on TripAdvisor. The food was good, the staff was friendly and attentive, the place was clean and prices were low. Given the good food and proximity to our hotel, we kept returning to Tempting and thus came to try a wide range of their menu; and they do keep quite a variety of dishes. No matter what we ordered it was good and even if one or two of meat dishes could have simmered a bit longer (slightly chewy mutton) the taste was always great.

1  Thank foolishrice

Reviewed 4 July 2012

We ate at tempting in New Delhi once at the start of our tour of Northern India and once on our return. On both occasions we enjoyed the food and the service was very good (unlike the hotel we stayed in). We tried a variety of dishes and found them all to our liking. The quality of the food used is evident and the result is tasty dishes.
Ok, so I’m no professional critic, I don't go around eating food and stirring my tongue in my palate to decipher the makings of it, it’s just the primitive inception of the food's taste and quality that reaches my senses and that is how I quantify a food's quality. Delhi is known for its food throughout India, whilst it may not be the center of north Indian food
The food here seemed to be the projection of Indian chefs, a projection of what traveling guests and tourists think Indian food must be.
It is a cozy and comfortable place to network and share travel experiences. It is easy to find and has a nice studio feel to it.

2  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 8 May 2012

The food was very good but no alcohol was served. The service could have been better. We specifically asked for the main course to be served after we had had the starter but everything arrived at the same time so our main course wasn't as hot as it could have been.

1  Thank BrenLiz
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My favorite item I tried was the chicken tikka masala! The staff was very helpful. I also liked the fact that they accept credit cards. The also had a special appetizer made from onions with a dipping sauce which was also very good. The garlic naan was very good. The portions sizes were large which was good for me.

1  Thank rjw5934
Reviewed 19 February 2012

They were soooo good. Excellent restaurant, we were with a group of 8 and everybody tried a different meal and everything was excellent!

... I also recommend the chicken tikka masala!