“Had a satisfactory stay”
Review of Hotel TJS Grand

Hotel TJS Grand
Hotel TJS Grand
Ranked #462 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Pune
“Had a satisfactory stay”
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I stayed here for two days while on a court case at Karkardooma Court. Typical of Karolbagh hotel, soperficial decorations, breakfast, etc left lot of scope for improvement. Staff was polite and good. Sleep was ok. did not feel like continuing for the third day. May not return to this hotel.

Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
8 Thank Ragh123
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Honolulu
Reviewed 3 April 2011

This hotel was chosen as the starting and end point to a GAP tour. The rest of the hotels (Agra, Bharatpur, Jaipur) were very nice on the tour, but this one was terrible. Towels were stained and dingy, one member of the tour said her sheets had hair all over them... disgusting. But more than the awful state of the rooms, it was the staff and their service that was the most irritating. I asked for directions to the Purana Qila, and the guy at the front desk told me, "the government has closed it permanently." I went anyway, and it was open. Another girl asked them to help her book a train ticket. After being on the phone a few minutes, he said no more seats. She went online - plenty of seats left and she booked a ticket. Several in our group ditched the last night at this hotel and booked another hotel in Delhi (at their own expense!)...that's how bad it was.

• Stayed March 2011
10 Thank AlibananaHNL
royale123, General Manager at Hotel TJS Grand, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Thank you for putting your comments about the Hotel & its services on Tripadvisor. We respect your reviews and apologize for the bad experience you’ve had with our staff. But if you speak with our manager may be we can sort it out at the same time. Nobody in the hotel want to misguide our gust. By mistake it may be happen. Please give us a chance to improvement in our services.

We would still want you to be our guest again so that we can help you change your opinion about the Hotel.
Thanks & Warm Regards

(India)

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 January 2011

My friend and I stayed here at the start and end of a small group trip, it was a very noisy hotel and the beds.

The room was smallish and average, the bathroom was fine and the shower was good. The location is OK.

The hotel staff were slow and unhelpful and they over charged (more than you would find acceptable) for arranging cars.

There was also unanswered questions about a how a copy of my passport had been provided to a driver I never met. The driver didn't turn up at the airport for the prearranged transfer but claimed they had delivered us to the hotel using a copy of my passport as proof.

• Stayed January 2011
8 Thank NuNuTravels
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 December 2010

We stayed here as part of a package deal.
Position of the Hotel is only average but if you are on a budget it's O.K
Don't expect any frills or help from mangerment as you will not get it, but don't get me wrong as the rooms and place was clean enough.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
7 Thank MelbourneRod
Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed 10 December 2010

I was on my way back from Manali to Mumbai with my wife as we decided to taste the Delhi life we had to stay in a heart of the city well connected with the transport. One of my friend suggested me to go for this hotel instead of some hotels which I shortlisted in paharganj as I was inform that the hotel will be noisy there.

I called up the hotel and a person helped me to book a basic room. I was not willing to pay more as we would not be using the room for most of the day as we would be out for sign seeing for most of the day. I managed to get a basic discount on the tariff. The guy who booked the room was average as far as the service was concerned. I must tell you that this hotel is for corporates as in most rooms are occupied by business travelers. so do go to this hotel if you are on honeymoon.

In the morning we reached hotel 3 hrs before actual check in time. The person on the reception allowed us to check in early.. i was impressed. I was allowed to have a look at the room first. The room was small, clean and so was the bathroom. It also had a LDC, a tiny fridge and AC which we seldom used. I was just shown one room I and decliened to show the other as they said that they just had one room available. I had no option but to go for what was offered.

After have bath we decided to book a cab for sight seeing. The reception guys help us to book one with Rs. 1000(8 hrs and 80Kms) which i found higher. Also, we ordered breakfast which was fine. The cab drivers took us to most of the places in Delhi was a decent ride.

After returning back in the hotel we decided to order dinner. The food in the hotel is good, we ordered basic stuff. After having food we were about to sleep, the door bell rang, this is where felt that I made a mistake for choosing a business hotel for a lea sure. There was a waiter who came with bill of breakfast and dinner and mind you it was 10PM!! After opening the door I asked the waiter am I supposed to pay the bill now ? he said yes sir!!. This is not something I would expect from any of the hotel. I paid him and asked him we will settle the balance in the morning, never even looked at what he charged me for.

In the morning I asked the reception guy if he received the payment, he informed me that the billing for F & B is a different department we don't have any control over it !! Strange !!
I dont mind paying bill upfront, but there is a way of conveying things, you need to be polite enough to the client you are serving.

At the end we needed a cab to domestic airport, we had a decent amount of luggage. The hotel said it would take Rs.500 for the same. While we were in Karolbaug market, i just decided to check whats the difference between rates for a cab. But it was difficult to find a cab in market, may be I was not searching in the right place. I managed to take to a auto rikshwa driver he quote me Rs.150, that was really cheap.

Well, to conclude the hotel is average, i would say you can find many such hotels around this area.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business